Softmod Depot
March 29, 2024, 02:15:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PS3 Custom Firmware INSTALL OR NOT?  (Read 10164 times)
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« on: January 19, 2011, 09:03:01 AM »

Ok i know i have not posted on the New CFW's coming out for PS3 and there is a GOOD reason for this.

1. The older CFW versions  BRICKED!!! PS3's  .... And i was not going to help in that lol

2. With old CFW versions not many games worked

3. It was not a easy thing to even do "for the most part"

OK... So a NEW  CFW that's more stable and is said to work with ALL!!! games is out BUT.. i am still iffy on updating to 3.55 then installing the CFW  Tongue IDK i love my 3.41 and hacking device it will be sad when i can't use it anymore... BUT i really want to update so i can play Black Ops online again  Grin

....I'll let you know if i do it or not  Roll Eyes
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 09:54:28 AM »

Ok... So i have YET to install the CFW, I am still reading up on comments and asking questions before i risk anything.

I mean i payed 600$ for my fucking PS3 i don't want anything to happen to it.

And i keep thinking, WHY update to 3.55 and kill off my 3.41 when all my games are working just fine right now, And every game is being patched to play on 3.41..... Hmmm The only thing i don't have is PSN and able to play online games BUT Sony is soon to start BANNING people right? 

I don't know what to do  Huh I want to play Black Ops again online BUT!!! I don't want to update to 3.55 then CFW and then 2 weeks later 3.60 comes out and stops us from getting on PSN or some dumb ass PSN update etc etc  Angry

I am sure this CFW stuff is sweet for all them guys that was stuck passed 3.41 and did not want to buy a Hacking Device but for me i just keep asking WHY?

Why can't they just work on a CFW that loads from USB or away to install the master key into the Payload of the Device etc etc  **** all this Updating to Sonys OFW  I mean that's just saying... Do this cool thing But you'll have LESS options and a less stable PS3  Angry
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 01:01:22 PM »

Even with the CFW being s**t on a stick i am still thinking about installing it  Roll Eyes

The thought of playing Black Ops Online again is just to strong  Grin  I mean the game it's self is much better then the online play BUT i love killing some Noobs  Wink

I think i'll wait till Sony's OFW 5.60 comes out See what happens etc etc
realg123
Sr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 09:55:18 AM »

i heard black ops doesnt work on cfw
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 11:32:49 AM »

It does work  Wink just dumb people with the patched 3.41 version are trying to play on the CFW and that WILL NOT WORK. you need to delete the patched files and just copy over the game and update/Play
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 07:46:53 PM »

So how do we patch our games to work on 3.41? Any useful tips Zzk?
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 11:09:49 PM »

best tip i can give you is this...  http://www.console-spot.com/homebrew-downloads/prepatched-eboots/
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2011, 12:33:42 PM »

More to add in the NOT installing CFW is the New update that came out has done what they said COULD NOT  be done LOL  yea right now not all is understood about it BUT for the most part the Keys have been changed.... Yep...  Wink

And really WHY go to a CFW to have less games work And soon PSN will not work, So i ask people WHY?

What we SHOULD be doing is STAY on 3.41 and patch eboots and find ways around PSN on 3.41 Not wasting time making Newer CFWs for every new update and then have to re-sign EVERY Homebrew/loader/Game with new Keys to run on the New CFW, Just fucking DUMB.
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2011, 06:43:47 PM »

I would agree with you on that. It be nice to just have a work around to get on PSN with current OFW 3.41 everything works and don't want to brick on CFW lol. Oh by the way thanks for the tip a lot of help Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: