Softmod Depot
March 28, 2024, 04:22:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help please! noob mistake  (Read 5282 times)
wiizer
« on: November 26, 2010, 02:19:38 PM »

I'm not exactly new to hacking Wii's but it has been about 6 months since i last hacked mine and things have moved on a little.

My friend gave me their Wii to hack and make it able to play USB backed up games as he has destructive kids.
Details:
White Wii (PAL)
Ver. 4.0E
Serial begins: LEH27 (can this be successfully hacked?)

I've actually installed the HBC with the help of zzk's video '3.0 to 4.2' which i had followed with my Wii months ago! But obviously things have changed since then and the IOS in his video did not all install and nor un-install when i decided to start again. In the end I decided to give up in-case i risked bricking his Wii.

I now have the Wii back to see if i can resolve the problem.

Will any of these IOS harm the console if i decided to start again...in fact ...where Do i start?...My mate gave me the Wii to try again but he's wiped all the info i need on the SD card to see what IOS weren't successful
HBC is completely blank, nothing there.
And no it wasn't backed up...yes i'm an idiot and drove into things too fast, but i was rushed to get it done, i should have taken more time to read the small print Sad

Should i use Trucha Bug restorer?

Help appreciated thanks.
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 03:13:55 PM »

1. never uninstall IOS  files  "number one reason for bricking"

2. installing  IOSs over IOS will not hurt the Wii thus why you should never Uninstall a IOS

3. with 4.0,4.1 and 4.2 wii's you should do the Trucha Bug restorer, maybe even with 3.5

4. if your just going to use a USB loader you really don't need to install the patched IOS's as games should work fine from the USB loader without them.

After the Trucha Bug restorer you should be able to install the IOS files just like before, Other then that you may want to check for newer versions as i have not really kept up in the wii hacking  Roll Eyes i know that DARKCORP v1.1 Full has newer patched IOS's

Note that DARKCORP v1.1 Full is just a updated version of Cioscorps.

I really should maybe upload the files  Tongue and update my video a little i guess.

Edit: http://www.smdepot.net/zzk/Wii/DARKCORP_v1.1_Full.zip
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 05:31:09 PM by zzk2001 » Logged
wiizer
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 04:44:02 AM »

Thanks a lot zzk2001.
"Never Uninstall an IOS"...good job i asked first! Shocked

I'll have a go of that today, glad I got the info from the man himself - always clear and concise.
I'll let you know how it goes Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: