Softmod Depot
April 20, 2024, 01:08:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: ps3 jailbreak?  (Read 37828 times)
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2010, 12:34:27 AM »

Well time will tell if Playstation will ban people As for now they have NOT started doing it yet, Really the hack is able to update just like the 360 hack where they could block PSN from banning some one, Really i say the PS3 hack is better for this as the updates are easier to install and faster plus the fact that with homebrew latter down the line there could be a program that UNBANS you =) as the Psjailbreak is just like a panora's battery and you can easily change the code that PSN banned to get your self unbanned  Grin

Really it's just to early to tell at this time, I think your being a little Harsh on something that has only come out in the past few days  Wink

And the 360 hacks where the same way when they first started coming out with MANY people getting banned And many people still get banned today on XBL  Roll Eyes
Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2010, 10:22:15 AM »

The ability to update was removed though with the dongle. As for simplicity of updating, both are about the same, in fact the xbox wont even let you connect to the internet unless you are updated, for time wise xbox wins because it doesn't have such a large os like the PS3 has.

" I'm gonna rip your throat and s**t down your neck!" -- Duke Nukem
All in all, it was a good day. Especially considering I didn't even have to use my AK.
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2010, 01:53:45 PM »

Well i'm just saying it's super new right now, So till we know all the facts and what it can and can not do lets not be to harsh on it  Grin

The device does say that updates will be disabled BUT that does not mean that it blocks you from updating your self as you can easily remove the device OR in a Psjailbreak update it may allow for Firmware updates Or a CFW could be made etc etc. It just has to many "What if's" right-now to just shoot it down and crap.

Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2010, 02:31:51 PM »

True, all we can do is see what his mod chip brings to the table. But right now its Sony's move. Grin
Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2010, 08:51:19 PM »

haha, sorry dont want to shoot it down,  but that whole update thing bums me out, sony is probably going to roll an update to patch it, unless this is like pandora, which would be awesome.

" I'm gonna rip your throat and s**t down your neck!" -- Duke Nukem
All in all, it was a good day. Especially considering I didn't even have to use my AK.
realg123
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2010, 08:30:39 AM »

i think it is like pandoras battery. because the usb stick boots before the ps3 os. so they may need to change the motherboard which will not allow it to boot
so i dont think updates will effect the ps3s
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2010, 02:29:04 PM »

Updates: (08,27,2010)

Some people think we could be able to emulate the Jig with the PSP, If so there could be a free version coming soon.

Many clones are coming out at a price of 20$-40$

PS3key
3xjailbreack
PS3Stinger
Titan JailBreak
None of the clones are confirmed real yet BUT Samples have been sent out from PS3key and 3xjailbreack and should be in the hands of sellers by September 1st

On a Side note ALL Australia sellers had to STOP all sells by Court Order, So places like Ozmodchips had to Refund all the Pre-orders
Even so there are other places still taking orders and as of yet No Court Orders have been placed out for the other sites (around the world)
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2010, 08:10:19 AM »

Ahhh how the law of the U.S. is truly beautiful, to stop an injustice is to court order; but in other countries Sony can't do s**t. Ahhhh justice Cheesy

And if PSP can emulate this, it would definitively be a heck of a better alternative, at least for 160 I get an update able hand held console and not some USB dongle Grin
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2010, 05:20:14 PM »

X3Jailbreak is Now confirmed REAL.  The clone is said to be around 30$-50$  But no price has been set yet on the Main page.

www.X3Jailbreak.com

Video of the clone can be seen here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHFjbKrpvIw
realg123
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2010, 10:11:46 AM »

We should buy all put our money in buy many at a discount rate and sell sell and sell.

Zzk do you think people would be able to make these on their own soon? just by using a usb stick. it says its compatible with all games well what about the games that have file sizes bigger than 4gb since it only can dump using fat32 partition
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2010, 01:40:06 PM »

Here's what i know of right now.

1. the device has been dumped and right now there are files out there for you to turn a dongle into a Psjailbreack, Cost can run anywhere from 20$-80$

2. people are working on a Emulated version of a dongle on the PSP BUT... this may take a long time OR Not lol

3. PSjailbreak  said that with Manager updates they will support  NTSF so you will not need to worry about file sizes bigger then 4gigs, A side note is that the PS3's HDD it's self CAN support files bigger then 4gigs as it's not a Fat32 format.

4. A simple USB stick will NEVER work, You need a dongle.

What the dongle and files together does is emulates a USB HUB and has commands set on each HUB to bypass the PS3 into getting into Debug mode  able to run Unsigned code.
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2010, 03:04:09 AM »

NEW info  Grin

People are working on a Emulated way of using the PSP as the PS3jailbreak Right now they are trying with Cwcheat as it supports Hex (Good Idea  Tongue)  And going to reedit remote Joy to connect as the Type B device  (again a very good idea)

If he is successful  For all the CFW PSP users out there this will be the first 100% FREE PS3 hack =)

realg123
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2010, 10:09:30 AM »

Does that mean the psp has to plugged in all times just like the dongle while using the hack?
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2010, 02:54:31 PM »

Umm... I don't know  Tongue  My guess would be yes. But that's not to hard, You'll just need to plug in the PSP so it does not turn off from the battery dieing  Wink
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2010, 02:56:35 PM »

The first  PS3 iso to PSjailbreak format is out..... Let the PS3 downloading Begin  Grin

The program is called "PS3 iSO2JB v0.5 Converter"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: