Softmod Depot
March 29, 2024, 12:37:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with XBL using Kingroach's ndure installer  (Read 4486 times)
djmeph

View Profile
« on: September 22, 2010, 08:44:55 PM »

I downloaded XBL 0.1.14a and I have Kingroach's ndure installer v3.1. I am using this tutorial:

http://www.smdepot.net/news/tutorials/softmodding-by-hotswapping-using-xbl-kingroachs-ndure-pc-installer/

I am currently on step 5. When I boot up the CD I made, and select option 2, I get a couple of errors. One of the errors says, "insmod r8169 failed". I can't read the other failure because the screen scrolls too fast. Tried pressing "pause" but that didn't seem to work either.

According to the tutorial it should have booted into a GUI desktop at this point, but it hasn't. It's still in text mode. It says, "Type 'root' and press ENTER to login". When I do this it takes me to a command prompt.

I have made a few considerations. I have disconnected the internal hard drive on this computer completely. The CD drive is SATA, so I went into the BIOS and switched from AHCI mode to IDE mode. This computer is connected to my TV with an HDMI cable. I tried setting the screen mode differently (using 1024x768x16) but that didn't work either.

If there is a way to use this tutorial, but do everything from the command prompt, I would be open to doing that. I know my way around Linux pretty well, as I manage a Debian web server for my company.

Any help would be appreciated.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: