Softmod Depot
March 18, 2024, 08:43:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
  Print  
Author Topic: What you did today.  (Read 141173 times)
rattmansam
Talented Modder

If I got it, I mod it!

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: June 21, 2015, 12:12:13 AM »

I don't know how but I always seem to manage to break things. My xbox one just blacked screened for no reason. Warranty it is. Don't feel like tearing it apart just yet.

I like tacos.

rattmansam
Talented Modder

If I got it, I mod it!

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 29, 2015, 05:53:55 AM »

So rebuilt engine back in my truck and running nice and mean. Got it to rev out to 6000 the other day with no issues. Tuned all to hell and back. Engine I got from the junk yard is getting a refresh with new lifters and cleaning as well as new rings. It had good compression just that the oil rings were toast. Don't give 2 shits about it so gonna finish rebuilding it and throw it out the door for sale. Had an interesting night. Was fixing a 2001 suburban and well lets just say I had to pull half of the harness and unsheathe and rewrap a good portion because it had been worn through in several spots and had a few rubbing bare wires. Also the cam sensor connector was missing a wire cause someone had cut it previously. Which was interesting. So soldered and shrink wrapped and rewrapped that part of the harness too. Also redid a major engine ground. Fucking mechanics who know nothing about proper wiring piss me off. Ohh well. More money for me. 200 dollar job out the door in 3 hours. Also had a nissan.... Lets not even talk about that rusty piece of s**t. Thing should be in the junkyard for sure. Damn frame rail almost rotted through and trans cross member totally rotted. Had a welder come by my place and weld a box piece on what was left of the frame and box in what was left of the trans cross member. And it only came to me for brakes and clunking noise when put into drive..... That guy wasn't happy with what I charged him. Another interesting one was the Subaru forester that came to me..... Had a full sti drivetrain swap with bigger turbo and all sorts of goodies. But. Had a toasted head gasket as is common among 2.5l's it seems. Pulled the block and well lets just say that's about as far as that went. Engine ran good but what I found was really really bad. 3 pistons had kissed the valves at some point I'm guessing timing belt snapped. One cylinder liner bore was tore all to s**t. Yeah. That's sitting around waiting for the guy to either tell me to seal it back up or rebuild or junkyard engine which is gonna be really hard to find since this thing is a fully factory forged one. Might have to go jdm for this one. I told him a couple options. He's not happy with any so far. Rebuild is gonna be really close to junkyard engine but that doesn't guarantee a good engine that doesn't need headgaskets. It doesn't really need pistons as the damage is only cosmetic as far as I can tell but it doesn't have any bent valves which tells me someone got in here and saw it before but didn't fix it. Ahh one interesting one that wasn't really a pain in the ass but was more hilarious was a honda civic with a 1.8l vtec and all these goodies that honda guys do. It had random pieces from like 20 different cars. This thing was not stock whatsoever. I mean no bolt on this thing was original honda save for maybe the headbolts and a few others. Clutch cable stuck together with a screw at the clutch. Umm lets see. Battery randomly just chilling on the backseat. Fuel pump just sitting in the trunk(external pump). Cut springs that totally destroyed the front suspension. Camber wear patterns from hell. Think both tires on the front completely bald with steel showing on the inside. Yeah. I was just wiring in a stereo system. Hopefully that guy never brings that piece back for anything. I finally got my ls 5.3l block. Its sitting for now.

I like tacos.

rattmansam
Talented Modder

If I got it, I mod it!

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 02, 2015, 04:34:44 AM »

So apparently I'm now the owner of the forester I previously mentioned in my last post. Guy decided to just give it to me as payment for the work I've done so far. Signed over the title and everything. I'm now wondering what I'm gonna do with a forester with an sti drivetrain. I think I'm going to part it out and send the body to the scrap man. I have no use for another subaru. I've already got a tribeca sitting here that needs a transmission. Hopefully the guy will just pick the damn thing up because I don't want it. I've got more s**t to do than have s**t sitting in one of my driveways for 2 months. Here's one for ya. Guy comes by with a 1981 c10. Rusty pos body wise but good frame and all that. Wanted me to get his a/c working. Well it had no compressor and no wiring harness for it. Got some price and told him what it would be just for parts. I called junkyards to get mounting bracket prices. I got junkyard prices for harness to. I told him and he said that's really high. Just north of 600 cause I needed lines and everything. Junkyard prices mostly btw.  I told him that's just for parts. He about flipped. He decided a/c wasn't worth that much.

I like tacos.

Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 28, 2015, 09:28:25 PM »

Well 600 bucks isn't a lot for a person with a real passion. I mean I'm talking almost 3 months later, but if he needs A/C, that's less than some premium tires to get fixed.

" I'm gonna rip your throat and s**t down your neck!" -- Duke Nukem
All in all, it was a good day. Especially considering I didn't even have to use my AK.
rattmansam
Talented Modder

If I got it, I mod it!

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 29, 2015, 12:06:22 PM »

Well that forester is in the junk yard now. It's crushed by now. The engine I just went ahead and honed the s**t out of it and got it ok and threw some new gaskets on it and it's living life in a 2004 wrx. The whole transaxle went to a friend that has a 2.0l jdm swapped wrx but he wanted an sti trans and diffs and stuff. So made some money on that. That was really cheap. He never came back. The 5.3l block ended up having a nice crack all the way down one cylinder wall so it went to the scrap heap. 2 of the 8 rods were bent. Pistons are sitting in a box and the crank to. The heads were garbage castech heads so they went to the heap to. I think I toasted my v6 again. For the third time. This time I attribute machine shop work not my own negligence. I didn't even beat on it yet. Still have the junkyard motor sitting around so just gonna throw that back in and use it. It's been slow. No work for 3 weeks in a row. So I'm back to a day job and being broke. although it was fun bullet proofing a 6.0l with good headgaskets. Threw some studs on and oil cooler and already had egr delete. Threw a mad turbo werks m2 turbo with 155cc 50% injectors. tuned it with hptuners. Thing hauls so much ass it's crazy. Should be right around 450 to the wheels. Well over 800ft/lbs. Funny thing is you see all these trucks that throw loads of black smoke yet I fine tuned this thing to throw almost none at all no matter the load. You stomp on it and the boost rolls to 30 psi by 1800 rpm and then she really hauls. It's a little sooty but not gobs of smoke. Just a tiny tiny bit under full bore. Hopefully he doesn't trash the transmission. An interesting one in the works is a 240sx I'm messing around with for a buddy of mine. All free of course cause it's already got an SR20DET with a nice turbo upgrade and all that. But it needs a tune. 370cc injectors on stock computer runs rich as hell. But yeah. No money to be made the last month or so. i'm doing roofing for now.

I like tacos.

Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 17, 2015, 01:17:38 AM »

Hey, no downsides to doing an honest man's work. Sometimes it's good to keep a hobby a hobby and work, work. Hang in there man, if you keep making connections within the auto modding community in your town, I'm sure some lazy somebitch will hire you for some big bucks down the line. By the way, that build sounds great.

All in all, it was a good day. Especially considering I didn't even have to use my AK.
rattmansam
Talented Modder

If I got it, I mod it!

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 18, 2015, 08:18:04 PM »

There's a trashed f250 in my driveway and all it needs is a fuel pump, a fender, bumper and some spray piant. I'm thinking about buying it from the guy..... Don't even really know why it ended up in my driveway. Just did. Got a bare 5.3l block no pistons or crank or rods. Which isn't a big deal.

I like tacos.

rattmansam
Talented Modder

If I got it, I mod it!

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 10, 2016, 10:59:42 PM »

I didn't buy the 250. I did however get it going down the road. The 5.3l block got sold off to someone else. I have a 6.0l rotating assembly with heads. So that's a plus. My driveway is taken up by some piece of s**t grand am with a blown motor and the guy is still sourcing an engine. So that's getting moved to the street soon. Also picked up a sentra for 400 off a friend then literally sold it 3 hours later for 1000. I had to pull an engine for someone in his shop. It's sitting there and it has a hole in the number 2 piston and I'm rebuilding my spare 4.3l block with one junkyard head and the other head that was on the engine that got destroyed. So there goes my spare 4.3l engine but there is a profit for me. I happened upon a 4 bolt main marine block awhile back and that's going in the truck because it just needed head swap and was very well maintained. Like 300 hours on it total. So I have my old rebuilt thrice 4.3l in my truck right now but it's not to happy. I am having overheating issues with it. So that's why the 4 bolt main marine motor is going in and apparently it has 10:1 static compression with the decked 93 cpi s10 heads I'm throwing on it. So this motor should be pretty fun.

I like tacos.

Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 25, 2016, 12:45:59 AM »

Would you be interested in building a kit car?
I'm a Ford guy myself, working hard so I can get an f150 raptor someday.

rattmansam
Talented Modder

If I got it, I mod it!

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 24, 2016, 02:09:57 PM »

Never been a fan of kit cars. My 6.0l is coming along nicely. Rebuilt the bottom end with forged rods, pistons and tri metal bearings. New cam bearings, new camshaft. The old 4l60e with 3k of parts is gonna get sold off since I just spent 2100 on rebuilding a 4l80e that will just bolt to the 6.0l. Torque converter from circle d with 2800 stall. Differential now has a locker and moser axles. Still got this grand am sitting here. Been fighting with it for 2 weeks trying to get it together.

I like tacos.

ninjauk

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 13, 2016, 04:34:40 PM »

Well today I bought an old xbox Crystal and a pile of games and controllers for £25 .... one of the games was splinter cell, and as I have built a few arcade machines , I have decided I want xbox (original) and coinops (possibly lite to start with) to run the hub of my next machine, so I ordered an action replay from the internet (cost more than the bargain pick up!!) - then came to this old site (yes I was part of the original SMDEPOT crew - holla ZZK2001) and cant believe it still here ... Just posted the coinops packages (and more to come) on my site HTTP;//www.arcadepunk.co.uk
So anyway gonna do the mod old school style SC and AR , and then get lite installed on stock, then read up how mode the controller so i can fit to a control panel and hack the power switch , all exciting stuff, nice to see some familiar names!

[NiNjA]UK
rattmansam
Talented Modder

If I got it, I mod it!

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 03, 2017, 02:51:07 AM »

Ahh this site is pretty well dead. I'll miss it dearly. I just got 2 new xboxs a couple months back. New to me anyhow. Picked em both up for 20 bucks. I just thought of this wondrous place where all my soft modding heros were. Truck still has a 4.3l in it. No ls as of yet. I'll get there someday. 

I like tacos.

ninjauk

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 03, 2017, 03:14:12 AM »

Does look that way dude, I just had an email saying there was a reply to a topic I was part of, from SOFTMOD DEPOT, I was Like Whhaaaaaaaaaaat the ****!!
Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 04, 2021, 07:43:14 PM »

How's everyone doing?

Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 13, 2022, 02:18:52 PM »

I setup a discord channel for all the OG SMD people. I sent out a few Emails as i didn't want to post the link on here. If you didn't get a Email with the link just post a valid email on here and i'll send the link.

Just a easier way to keep in contact with others without posting on here and waiting months to years to get a reply.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
  Print  

Jump to: