Softmod Depot
March 28, 2024, 11:35:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Few Questions about updating  (Read 8664 times)
ninjauk

View Profile
« on: July 26, 2010, 02:11:19 AM »

Hi Guys

So since my last visit to the forums, (at the time I had hardmodded box and issues) , I have now purchased 6 xbox's (1 for each of the kids and 1 for myself).

I have softmodded them using Krayzie Ndure Splinter Cell Exploit Pal (which by the way is not in the files section of the site, so I have linked them incase anyone still needs them @ http://hackmywii.net/downloads?category=44) and then I used the ZZK2001 installer disc , which I installed XBMC as dashboard.   Now a few questions to help me on my way....

(1) - The XBMC included is an old version, what do I need to do to update it to the latest tech version?

(2) - Is there anyway I can 'reprogram' XBMC so that when browsing folders I press the Green Button and it Auto Plays ? Or would it be better for me to get some dvd remotes for the xbox ?

(3) - I have installed some Emulators on my hardmodded box as it has the bigger drive (750gb) I am guessing I just ftp the downloaded emu roms over to the roms folder, do they remain in .zip format when I ftp them over or should I extract them ?

Thanks Guys

realg123
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 09:42:41 AM »

Hello ninjauk.

1) You can download the latest xbmc build for your xbox from http://217.118.215.116/
a) Unzip the file
b) Delete your old XBMC from your xbox
c) Transfer the XBMC folder to your xbox (make sure its not an xbmc folder with xbmc folder)

2) If you press A (green button it should automatically play) if not press the white button on the folder and click on Play.

3) You transfer the emulators to the emu folder and each emulator has its own rom folder. Transfer the roms there. .zip files work as well. (Make sure the filename does not exceed 36 characters)
ninjauk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 09:53:49 AM »

Thank You for your answer RealG123

XBMC is my dashboard, are you sure its safe to delete it and replace it ?
So simply delete the entire XBMC folder and replace with a new one?

I am looking for a way to 'remap' the green button, so that i dont have to go into the folder to play each xvid (some movies are in 3 parts), so that the green button does the equivilant to white button then down to play

Thank you again for answer Smiley

Ninja
realg123
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 10:22:32 AM »

make sure you backup your eeprom file.
1) Make sure to backup your eeprom (It should be in E:/dash/backup

Since your xbox is softmodded I'm guessing your dash is in (E:/dash) if thats the case you dont transfer the xbmc folder you transfer the content from the xbmc folder

If thats your case here is what you do.

1) Ftp into your xbox
2) Navigate into E:/dash
3) Check if the .xbe file is "default.xbe" or "xbmc.xbe"
4) Download the newest xbmc from the site I gave you
a) extract it
b) go into the xbmc folder and check the name of the .xbe file is the same filename as step 3
c) rename the .xbe file if needed to be renamed (since its softmodded is should be "default.xbe" i dont think you need to rename it but check to see if it matches yours in step 3 (i hope thats not confusing)
MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT TURN YOUR XBOX OFF DURING THE DELETING AND TRANSFERING
5) Delete everything thats in E:/dash you can keep your backup folder in there (DO NOT SHUT OF YOUR XBOX OR RESTART IT)
MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT TURN YOUR XBOX OFF DURING THE DELETING AND TRANSFERING
6) Transfer the newer xbmc contents (the one that you downloaded from step 4)from the xbmc folder into E:/dash (NOT THE FOLDER itself) unless yours is setup differently (not sure how zzk setup his structure)
7) Once done you can restart your xbox and you will have a newer xbmc

As for your second question

There is an option in xbmc it should be on the left its called "Stack" that option will join the 3 vids into 1 and from there you can press the green button
but it has to be named a certain way

Movie cd1.avi
Movie cd2.avi
Movie cd3 avi
it will join all of them and the end would looking something like Movie.avi
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 10:25:33 AM by realg123 » Logged
ninjauk

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 10:35:10 AM »

Thanks again for the reply , the XBMC update seems simple enough.

As for the remapping of the green button, it is purely an entertainment thing that makes me want it to just PLAY the folder without going into it.....

realg123
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 10:38:13 AM »

well use the stack option and then go into the folder and click on the first one
im sure you can remap it somehow

check out www.xbmc.org (stopped support for the xbox xbmc)
and http://www.xbmc4xbox.org/

by the way is your 750gb hdd sata or ide? and how much did you purchase it for?
ninjauk

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2010, 10:56:41 AM »

No the whole pupose is to not have to go into the folder...
Remember inside the folder is a .actors foler, a db info file, some other bits and pieces and stuff, as well as the AVI , I am trying to make this kid friendly as well as 'mum' friendly for when she house sits for me soon Smiley

At present XBMC opens up within the Movie Folder , so you see all the covers and such of the movies, then a simple button press to play , instead of going within the folders or white button, down then play....

I have checked the 2 mentioned sites before hand without much success , infact even the live chat you get 'flamed' for any reference to the xbox1 Smiley , really bad considering the XBOX 1 is what made XBMC so popular originally !

As for the 750gb drive, I would like to give you a destination for purchase, but the sad truth is that the XBOX was hard modded by a previous owner , who also fitted the 750gb drive, and that the thing only came into my possession recently because of a debt owed to me. Thats as much information as I have.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: