Softmod Depot
March 28, 2024, 03:07:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: XBMC INSTALLER - Hardmod - 2010 - Please Help  (Read 25595 times)
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2010, 09:55:10 PM »

OK well after looking into the X3 and how it all works the Old Installer CD will do fine.

1. Use the installer CD http://www.smdepot.net/zzk/Install_XBMC_by_zzk2001.iso and install XBMC to E:/dashbored or E:/apps/XBMC   (DOES NOT MATTER)

2. Reboot into your X3 bios settings
Go to Customize X3 BIOS

3. you should be on this screen

4. it should be easy to understand at this point =P  setup the Dashboard settings like (Dashboard Boot Drive) to E:\Dashboard or E:\apps\XBMC  

IF that does not work i'll just re-edit the installer config to override MS dash LOL  Grin Who needs that crappy M$ dash anyways  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 10:05:30 PM by zzk2001 » Logged
ninjauk

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2010, 02:41:47 PM »

Thank You kindly sir !!

I shall give it a try when I finish downloading and burning it shortly and report back... Yet again your kindness exceeds yourself !!

I remember buying you a few beers before... I shall do again soon :p

Ninja
ninjauk

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2010, 03:48:11 PM »

Not getting much joy to be honest Sad

Let em explain the situation again

The Hdd has been formatted by X3 and the partitions created, but as yet NOTHIGN is on the drive

So i run the installer you sent me , installed it to e , set the dashboard to e, made sure it chose xbmc.xbe to boot from (even tried changing it to default.xbe) and still nothing...

I can assure you chip and drive are working well, can you suggest anything esle that may be stopping it , I would love to get this thign sorted ASAP as I want to replace the PS3 in the lviing room with the xbox as I MUCH prefer XMBC Smiley

Couple of questions :
1 - What is the name of the xbe file it tries to load ?
2 - Why wont it work (edited after 1 hour of trying and going nuts!!!)

Thank You
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 03:58:25 PM by ninjauk » Logged
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2010, 04:30:20 PM »

XBMC should be named default.xbe   Embarrassed this is why i like Softmod better  Grin easy to use and easy to setup.

Give me a Few mins and i'll edit up the codes with what i am reading on this site for installing the XBMC on X3 modchip Xbox.

But from what i read, with XBMC installed to E:/XBMC all you should need to do is
set dashboard bootdrive to e
edit a dashboard filename to XBMC\default.xbe
set XBMC\default.xbe to 1st dashboard boot priority
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 04:37:46 PM by zzk2001 » Logged
ninjauk

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2010, 05:57:56 PM »

YAY !! All up and running , although I had to use the Slayers disk and some messing with the X3 settings to do it, then just ftpd over the XBMC latest tech release, replacing the .xbe to the XBMC one, now it auto boots into the dash

Runnign PM3.hd SKIN, I have it auto booting into the VIDEO folder, although it just shows me the MOVIES FOLDER, ADD SOURCE and VIDEO PLUGINS

I would prefer to edit somethign so that it goes directly INTO the MOVIES folder (the movies folder being my added source from the network)

Also I remember editing it many moons ago so that instead of goign itno folders browsing it would just AUTO PLAY the folder...

So nasically fi I can get my Network Share Movie Folder up on boot, then pressing (A) (or any button would be nice) , would just auto play the selected folder.. I know it can be done , i did it many moons ago...

And YES Definately agree, Softmod was SOOOOO MUCH EASIER !!

thanks in advance

Ninja
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2010, 06:03:25 PM »

that's cool, at best you got it all working  Wink
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: