Softmod Depot
April 20, 2024, 06:46:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with UnleashX and MS dash.  (Read 7647 times)
alxtronics

View Profile
« on: April 09, 2010, 11:06:12 PM »

Hi all.

My name is Alx. I´m an old fart who happens to love videogames. I have an original xbox softmodded with Unleash X as main dash.

Yesterday A nephew of mine gave me a wireless adaptor. An MN-740. When I tried to enter the MS dashboard from within Unleash, an error appeared stating that the file "original.xbe" couldn´t be found. I checked via file manager and found one file named "dash_original.xbe" and renamed it.

Now I can enter ms dashboard fine. But when I want to enter to the "network" config page, the xbox hangs for a few seconds and then ejects me to the Unleash screen agaion.

IOW I cannot access the network config page to set my wireless adaptor.

Any ideas? Some other file I need to rename to gain access? I hope I don´t need to reinstall unleashx!

Please help a older newbie!

Cheers

Alex
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 11:15:06 PM »

ok little confused on what your trying to do lol

If your trying to get on Xbox Live "STOP" lol last time i heard M$ shut down the servers for Xbox 1 "aka they no longer support Xbox 1 on Live"

If your just trying to do a FTP to the xbox then you should be on UnleashX Not M$ Dash
alxtronics

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 07:43:40 AM »

Hi and thanks for your fast answer.

What I want to do is to activate my wireless adapter on my xbox. And to do so, I understand that I need to get into the "network" page inside the MS dash.

The thing is that I cannot access that page, cause when I select it, the xbox dumps me into unleashx again.

So, as the original.xbe file was renamed to something else, I tought that maybe I needed to rename another file in order to access those settings

I want to use it to ftp games via wifi.

Thanks again for your response.

Alex
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 11:11:59 AM »

no...  Tongue ok this is how it is, a .xbe is like it's own OS so once you load a .xbe your on that OS.
(example)
M$ Dash = windows 5.1

unleashX = Windows 98

XBMC = Windows Xp pro

.....UIX = vista (lol looks nice and flashy but an't worth s**t) Roll Eyes

SO... if your on UnleashX then any config you need to setup for the wifi is in there, Not on MS dash as that's it's own OS.

A good Dash to use would be XBMC (it's not just a media player anymore)  Or seeing as your wanting to dump games... i would use DVD2Xbox  (UnleashX is NOT good for dumping games)

Ps... if your going to use wifi to dump games, Be ready to wait a good 2 hours for each game LOL
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 11:16:13 AM by zzk2001 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: