Softmod Depot
April 19, 2024, 12:12:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Does anyone know how I can get my xbox360 to play my games without the cd?  (Read 6696 times)
FootBallBat

View Profile
« on: May 12, 2010, 09:30:06 PM »

I was wondering if I could some how rip/burn my games onto my xbox360 HD, or if I have to hook it up to a computer. Either way can someone explain to me how I can do it, or give me a link to a tutorial. Thanks
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 10:05:34 PM »

There is noway, The 360 is hacked by a Custom Firmware on the DVD-rom it's self. So only loading games from the DVD-Rom will work.

realg123
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 03:35:22 PM »

ZZk is partially correct.
You would need to get your xbox 360 jtagged which will allow you to run games of the hdd, download free dlc aswell as download full xbla live games+ way more. But the only way to run the jtag hack you would need a dash that is 7371 or lower.

to check your dashboard version turn on your console, go to system settings > console settings > system info and check under "currernt dash". If its hackable i reccomend you dont update your dash.

check out for more info
http://gmodz.ca/content.php?content_id=8&sub_menu_id=23
Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 10:25:29 PM »

Ok to play backups on xbox 360
option 1: Find out what DVD drive you have and flash it with Ixtreme Lite Touch 1.1, and play backups with a DVD+R DL in disc tray with game burned on it.
option 2: Jtag your xbox, install a custom Operating system called xbreboot or whatevere one you prefer. This is only compatible with certain xboxs and is significantly harder to do if you are not handy with a soldering iron and solder. I suggest that you do option 1, but if you have a dash lower than 7371 then go ahead and flash and if you feel like you are up to it try jtagging. Jtagging will enable you to play ISO immages from an external hard drive, your xbox HDD, and even play emulators and other fun stuff.
I have a flashed xbox back at home that i use for xbox live, and in my dorm i have a nice jtagged xbox. Your call.

" I'm gonna rip your throat and s**t down your neck!" -- Duke Nukem
All in all, it was a good day. Especially considering I didn't even have to use my AK.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: