Softmod Depot
March 28, 2024, 11:39:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Decrypt Games to work on 5.00m33-6  (Read 11890 times)
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« on: April 07, 2010, 01:26:57 AM »

(Update Nov,5,2010)
This is SUPER old "Look for the program ISO Tools to patch newer games or install the CFW Prometheus-3 V2

!!updated!! Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tkRdCj39JE

The files i use are in the http://www.smdepot.net/files.php

As more and more games come out that need a higher FW then 5.00  Us 5.00m33-6 users need away to play them  Tongue So people make programs to Decrypt the games to play on 5.00m33 =) "Think god"

And yeah yeah GEN updates blah blah... But i am not going to use GEN unless the times comes when i just have to update or i lose half my brain lol

OK so here is how to FIX your games to work on 5.00m33-6
First you need to download the programs
-game decrypter by yoshihiro-v4 (or higher)
-UMDGen_v4.00
-edecrypt.1.3.1.tool-rev
-Eboot Patcher

(ON YOUR PC)
1.OK first open UMDGen

2.click on Open and find the game you want to patch/Decrypt

3.browse to PSP_GAME/SYSDIR  And extract the EBOOT.BIN

4.On UMDGen go to File/File list and pick Export You can name the Export .txt anything you like

Now the Next steps are all about what game your Decrypting As "Game decrypter v4" is not updated for the Newer games that has come out in the past few weeks, So... really i would just use edecrypt.1.3.1 BUT you can try Game decrypter v4 if you like (it does work on a lot of games)

5. extract your Game decrypter v4 or edecrypt.1.3.1 and place the folder on your MemoryStick in the PSP/GAME folder

6. copy over the EBOOT.BIN you extracted from the game to the PSP's MemoryStick,  For edecrypt.1.3.1 make a folder on the root called enc  then place the EBOOT.BIN in it, For Game decrypter v4 just place the EBOOT.BIN on the Root.

(ON YOUR PSP)

7. Load your Game decrypter  program (may it be Game decrypter v4 or edecrypt.1.3.1)
it should be Easy to understand at this time (JUST READ) lol make sure you decrypt and Patch and with Game decrypter v4 make sure you push the button for decrypt for M33.

(ON YOU PC)

8. connect USB or place MemoryStick in a card reader then Find your Now decrypted EBOOOT.BIN (For edecrypt.1.3.1 it will be in the enc/Done folder. For Game decrypter v4 you will see a New folder in the root)

9. Copy the decrypted EBOOT.BIN to your PC then place in the UMDGen PSP_GAME/SYSDIR  When asked to replace say YES  Roll Eyes

10. On UMDGen click on File/File list and pick import and Pick the .txt you made before.

11. On UMDGen go to "File/Save as" you can pick as a ISO or CSO (i would pick ISO)

12. ALL DONE.. just copy the game to your PSP in the ISO folder and play.

OK... so you may be asking your self "Whats the Eboot Patcher for?"  
Well some games need a file patched

If the game does not work OPEN UMDGen and Look in PSP_GAME/USRDIR/MODULE for a file called SCALEFORM_PSP.PRX  If you see this file  Use Eboot Patcher to patch it.

HOW do i patch it you ask???  lol just rename it SCALEFORM_PSP.BIN then patch it, once patched rename it back to SCALEFORM_PSP.PRX  NOW just place the decrypted files back in the UMDGen and import the .txt file and Save the .iso and see if the game works.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 09:56:58 AM by zzk2001 » Logged
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 05:29:13 AM »

Video is now up and ready  Grin

ps.. i am working on 3 more videos.

1. NDS patching

2. Enable PSN on CFW's

3. Patch PSN games and Demos to play on M33 CFW
rattmansam
Talented Modder

If I got it, I mod it!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 01:51:19 AM »

I must say decrypting some games for my psp can be a pain in the ass. I hate making the backups and then decrypting them and then boom they don't work.

I like tacos.

Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 07:27:11 AM »

Well sometimes you can find them all ready "fixed" but i just updated to GEN so i didnt have to go through decrypting, and I haven't had any problem with any of my games or homebrew.
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 09:53:46 AM »

GEN users are not safe anymore Unless they come out with the 6.xx CFW (but i am not sure that's going to happen)

There are many games that need to be patched even for the Newest GEN CFW, Then there are some games that just can NOT be patched or played at all  Embarrassed Like the new kingdom hearts or god eater, And sadly Many more are starting to pop up. Unless a New way is found to patch them or Dare i say...GEN updates  Tongue then we are all SOL for newer games.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 10:49:37 AM by zzk2001 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: