Softmod Depot
March 28, 2024, 09:26:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unusual problem  (Read 6565 times)
InsaneTrout
Talented Modder

View Profile WWW
« on: November 29, 2009, 02:54:39 PM »

Ok so my cousins are over visiting and my littlest cousin was playing our 360. we just have the standard 20GB one and it's had freezing problems every now and then but no red rings well when my littlest cousin was playing it froz on him and being the idiot that he is he hit it instead of restarting it. He hit it about right where it says XBOX on top of it i don't know how hard he hit it but my older bro says he hit it hard and that after my cousin hit it and that it didn't do anything he turned it off. well my little brother decided he wanted to play but when he turned it on he got the # lights of death but it does not give us an error code on the screen acctually it doesn't give us anything on the screen. anybody know what could be messed up? I'm guessing it's overheated but the arrogant @$$hole my older bro is he thinks it's something absolutely different. he thinks the something that has to do with the video output is broken from my little cousin hitting it. which again he hit it over the XBOX logo on top so that's basically right on the edge of the DVD drive and I don't think anything could have been messed up from that except maybe the DVD drive.

Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 04:34:34 PM »

well i do believe the Motherboard is under the  DVD drive as well =P

your only real option is (return it) i'm not sure how much it will cost you.

Just a little info but Anything can break even if he did only hit the Top of the DVD =) I have smashed a lot of things in my time and seen some funny $hit, like one time i took a Xbox and just tapped it on the Top with a hammer (very softly)  and then it never came on again LOL.
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2009, 06:04:55 PM »

I say u make the little s**t pay for everything  Angry lol  Grin
Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2009, 06:16:34 PM »

You dont have to pay for s**t. Are you under warrenty? if not you still dont. Just get a friend to call microsoft and say that he bought the xbox second hand and would like to register it under his name. As soon as he does it successfully, go online under his account and schedual a repair for your console. Then, make sure that under the reason put 3 Red Lights then put what is wrong with the xbox. It should say 0.00 under as the total price lol. ask for a box on the website and send it in....

" I'm gonna rip your throat and s**t down your neck!" -- Duke Nukem
All in all, it was a good day. Especially considering I didn't even have to use my AK.
InsaneTrout
Talented Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2009, 06:17:36 PM »

I say u make the little s**t pay for everything  Angry lol  Grin

Yeah only if the little $hit had the money to do so lol he's only 9 and breaks everything in sight he's such a pain in the ass. I mean don't get me wrong I love the kid and he's great sometimes it's just MOST of the time he's a pain in the ass and messing with EVERYTHING in sight.  Angry but were gonna try to get our uncle to buy us a brand new Elite  Roll Eyes Tongue

Yeah I know Zzk but me back when I had the original xbox I used to abuse the hell out of I won't lie I beat the crap out or it a lot and it never brok until I finally hit it like I was trying to break into a car or something right over the DVD drive well I ended up breaking only the motor that spins the disc. you know what happened? it only got squished down to where it won't spin anymore. all I simply did was pop it back up with a screwdriver  Tongue ever since it always worked until I got bored and threw it off the roof with an axe stuck in it ha ha XD

Edit: Well it doesn't matter now my grandparents just went out and bought a 360 Elite so it's all good lol.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 04:14:16 PM by InsaneTrout » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: