Softmod Depot
March 29, 2024, 03:28:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What to gut out  (Read 6173 times)
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« on: November 13, 2009, 12:49:15 PM »

I have some games but when i wanna slim them down a lil more.
What files can i gut out of the SYSDIR folder but cause theirs an UPDATE folder and what can i remove from there?
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 02:29:13 PM »

your best bet to make a PSP game smaller is use Yacc Yet Another CSO Compressor in the option you can pick delete UPDATE FOLDER  and it compresses it to a .cso  (place it on 1 Not 9)

Most all Games work in .cso format.
Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 06:54:03 PM »

use UMDGEN open up your iso or cso file and then delete the UPDATE folder, then you want to click the rmove padding button. If you want you can try to find some ac3 or pmf files and relink them to one video or just dummy them completly by overwriting the file with a file of the same name just small size. You can reencode the pmf files to downsample them (they are video files), reencode the ac3 files (they are audio files), and finnaly if your game has multiple languages you can relink the languages you dont use with the language you do read. There are tons of ways to make an iso smaller, some more difficult than others, but it is possible to get a 1.6 gb game down to >500Mb (thats without compression lol)

" I'm gonna rip your throat and s**t down your neck!" -- Duke Nukem
All in all, it was a good day. Especially considering I didn't even have to use my AK.
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 08:33:56 PM »

Yeah I got it, its just been awhile since I've picked up my PSP, but know that good games are coming it need a lil refresher Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: