Softmod Depot
April 25, 2024, 04:11:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: what do you think about religions and God?  (Read 8316 times)
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« on: October 23, 2009, 10:39:47 PM »

OK So to Kick off the Newly re-build wedsite I thought i Hit a Touchy subject.

First I don't want anyone Pushing their Opinion onto anyone, just add to the conversation and tell us what you think etc etc.  If the Topic gets Out of hand i'll just shut it down as i don't want anything started from this.

WHY start this? Well i am just a curious person just like so many other people out there =P

OK i'll start this off...

I don't Believe in God or a Maker of this world, it's my Opinion that Man made up God in his own image to help explain the Un-explained (at that time)  lets face it Humans where Very dumb back then And even more so at the start of it all. even today humans are not all that smart in the long rum of things.

I really don't like it when people's only reply is "the bible tells me so" ?..?...? when i reply back, You do know the bible was made by man? right?
I mean it's kind of like that Mormon story of the guy getting the gold stones to decode the word of god to make a Book But yet when he lost the book and had god talk to him again the book changed =) NOW i am not putting down that religion I am just pointing that out =P

well that's all i can think of for now =)
Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 12:50:28 AM »

I'm agnostic. All there is to it Smiley

Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009, 12:55:09 AM »

I'm agnostic. All there is to it Smiley

LOL nicely said  Wink
rattmansam
Talented Modder

If I got it, I mod it!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2009, 10:30:05 AM »

I dont believe in a deity for the fact that the bible was written by man to control other men. I cant find any reason to worship something that I dont think is there and ask for forgiveness. What all of the sudden does it make it alright to rap, steal, kill and then just be forgiven by a deity? I am myself moral, I will only kill if I must in a time of harshness whether it is war or self defense. If you say you talk to god you are seen as a messiah but if I say I talk to myself then I go into a mental asylum.

I like tacos.

InsaneTrout
Talented Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2009, 01:30:10 PM »

"You talk to God, you're religious. God talks to you, you're psychotic." - Gregory House

just thought I'd start off with that Tongue anywho in my opinion I just can't except the fact that we were created by something none of us have aver seen, smelled, touched, or even tasted. It just doesn't seem logical that we were created by something or someone we've never met. and if god was so real and amazing then why has he made us so primitive to our thoughts? I also don't believe that we were made in his image for we all look so different. I say that he was created in our imagination the thing people say is most powerful in this world. and another thing if a "GOD" created us then who created him where did he come from, and if he did make us then why did he make a whole universe with just us in it? or did he create other life out there for use to find or something? and again if he did create us then why'd he make us so primitive? why didn't he  give us super powers or something? if he could create an entire universe I'm sure he could give us super powers or something. I don't know this whole  god complex thing just doesn't grab me. I think we were just some freak accident along with everything else in this universe.

I'm not atheist or agnostic but you know if someone wants to believe in god go for it do what you want you know? whatever makes you happy in life and if believing in god makes you happy have fun but that isn't my forte. I like challenging things especially the theory of god I'm not saying I'm good at it I just do what I feel. I just hate when people preach about god to me and tell me how wonderful he is it's really annoying. especially when they say you should embrace him. really obnoxious ha ha but anyways that's just my take on it guys lol Tongue

Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2009, 01:18:26 AM »

"You talk to God, you're religious. God talks to you, you're psychotic." - Gregory House

I love House! Go Hugh Laurie!

InsaneTrout
Talented Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2009, 02:26:02 PM »

ha ha XD heck yeah I love house too lol I'm excited for tomorrows new ep Cheesy

P.s. I forgot to mention I neither look up nor down upon those and what they believe in. I see every person as a human being not some freak that HAS to be Christian or Buddhist or Atheist I believe that people should believe in what they want and not get beat down for it. I am neither better or less than anyone else in this world we're all the same so to speak. ha ha yeah I think that's about it  Tongue

SMD
Administrator
Administrator
Jr. Modder

:\/: Proud Sweat Shop Owner :\/:

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2009, 06:07:11 PM »

That's the beauty of our country, not that I'm patriotic, you can believe anything you want... even in flying spaghetti monsters.

Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2009, 06:08:15 PM »

you can believe anything you want... even in flying spaghetti monsters.

How did you know?!!  Shocked I never told anyone about those Wink

SMD
Administrator
Administrator
Jr. Modder

:\/: Proud Sweat Shop Owner :\/:

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2009, 06:28:53 PM »

It's often scary the things I know...

Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2009, 07:21:19 PM »

It's often scary the things I know...
Uh oh lol!

Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2009, 11:01:15 AM »

This brings me back to a topic that out old Dr. Fweega started a while back. Here is what i posted
i am really strong with the roman catholic religion but i'm not a person that will knock on your door and say "HEY how are you doing will you come to my religion" now i may not agree with zzk but i believe that everyone has a right of free will and belife but i stil think that it's good to do good and bad to do bad like zzk said
To add to it, this past year i have been going back to church after my girlfriend died in a car accident. It has opened my eyes and opened doors that i never knew were there. I have a scholarship to go to any college for 1 full year due to helping build a new church, and even tho i still am not a person to push my religion upon another, Even asked to make speeches for catholic schools.

" I'm gonna rip your throat and s**t down your neck!" -- Duke Nukem
All in all, it was a good day. Especially considering I didn't even have to use my AK.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: