Softmod Depot
March 29, 2024, 02:51:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Play ALL Media/Video files on your PS3 (Stream from Win/OSX/Linux)  (Read 8946 times)
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« on: October 22, 2009, 12:28:34 PM »

OK so you have a PS3 and want to play your Movie files you have on your computer On the PS3 BUT you find out the PS3 does not support ANY of the movies or videos you have... Well thanks to the Hard work of some Good coders We now have a Kick ass program to make the PS3 play ALL them sweet formats that you love. Dvix,Xvid,AC3,Mkv,Ogg,and many many more.

(NOTE)
For ALL SD-Tv(OLD tv's) users I would NOT use the Ps3 as a Media player. Why?
Well when it comes to playing a Widescreen movie file/rip on the PS3 the Sides are cut a good inch on both sides and there is no option for adjusting the screen, BUT for HD-Tv's the PS3 is King =P

OK lets get started.. 

(I AM TOLD that you don't Need ANY codecs installed BUT i like to Make 100% sure So i show you all the Codecs I have Installed)

First you'll Need all the Codecs installed to the computer that's going to Hold all your Movies/videos So Go and download the dang codecs =P
(Codecs you May Need)
-Divx
-Xvid
-FFDShow MPEG-4 (you may Need this as well)
-Ac3
-Mkv (i would use Combined-Community-Codec-Pack For Mkv files)
Why use Combined-Community-Codec-Pack? Well Over the years of me HATING  mkv  as they would skip/lag/jump and ALL around be bad Even on a Core2 Quad-core with 4gig"800mhz"Ram
BUT once i found the Combined-Community-Codec All that Changed, Mkv files Now play 100% Smooth and Sweet.
-Note you May need Other codecs (All in what your playing and what codec was used to make it)

Now download the Kick ass program called PS3 Media Server
http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver/downloads/list

Once installed go to Navigation/Share Settings (Tab)
Where it says "Shared folders" click on the +folder(icon)
then just pick the folder with your Media/videos

(DONE!)

lol yea that's it ALL done =) easy right?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: