Softmod Depot
April 18, 2024, 05:35:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Smarter? Or Dumber?  (Read 9390 times)
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« on: May 13, 2009, 08:56:58 AM »

OK i don't know if it's just me getting smarter or the people over the net are getting dumber,
 Now i am not trying to put anyone down or make anyone fill dumb, but....
 every year it fills like the questions i get just become dumber and dumber.

I don't know if it's me getting smarter (not likely) or the people over the net is getting dumber or maybe younger?
Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 04:31:28 PM »

Younger, the way they are asked, and the fact that you get some of the same questions daily.

realg123
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 04:36:40 PM »

I dont think its a question of getting smarter, or dumber. Just because a person ask's a question does not make them dumb, thats one way people learn, by asking questions, and getting answers.
It's like you going to math,science class or what not and not knowing anything would that make you dumb?. Coming into something that you have little experience in, and the only way you can learn is by asking questions would not make you dumb, only inexerpienced. We all have to start somewhere.
I started by going to this site, without any background knowledge on modding xbox's, or wii's. I watched your video, asked hunderds of questions, and now am experienced in modding xbox's.
Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 04:37:50 PM »

Lol thinking about that the other day. I read somewhere that "Smart people sitting in front of Dumb terminals has evolved to Dumb people sitting in front of Smart Terminals" It makes sense no?

" I'm gonna rip your throat and s**t down your neck!" -- Duke Nukem
All in all, it was a good day. Especially considering I didn't even have to use my AK.
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 07:09:23 PM »

Younger dude, much younger. Just the other day was looking at a video were a 12yr was teaching people how to use MAX 3D.. lol so like snafu said just read the question, you can usually tell...

But in some cases people may just ask their question "differently", there fore the quote, "Theirs no such thing as a dumb question" comes in to play.

So yeah can't really say anyone's dumb or smarter on the net, just try and help them understand, and answer to the best of your ability. Cheesy
XB
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 11:13:55 AM »

I think it is awesome that more people are learning to mod.
When I started there was a very small following of people that did console mods, and most were jerks when you asked for help.

If anything this shows that more traffic is coming to smdepot for help. 

Yes. I agree that some questions can be pretty dumb, but I'm pretty sure that I have asked some dumb questions over time.

XB

Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 03:40:02 PM »

It's not the matter of people asking the same questions or even dumb questions

BUT... when the question is answered IN THE VIDEO or on the side in the More Info, it just bugs the s**t out of me.
Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2009, 04:36:13 PM »

So in other words, its the astonishment of the lack of common sense and reasoning that has you bothered? That can be thanked, thanks to the awesome way our school system teaches kids now that is suppose to make them, "smarter."

XB
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2009, 08:08:05 PM »

I agree Zzk2001.

Vidz are very straight forward.

XB

Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2009, 08:16:20 PM »

I agree Zzk2001.

Vidz are very straight forward.

XB
Yea, your vids are pretty complete. They answer all my questions!

+50 for Zzk!

XB
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2009, 07:08:37 AM »

ZZk2001:

Since youtube went crazy, are you gonna remake any of the XBOX vidz?
If not, I'll make some.
I didn't want to post any without your say so, since obiviously I got most of the  the ideas from you.

Let me know.

XB

Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2009, 08:59:48 AM »

I really really don't fill up to making the xbox videos again So if your up to it then Go for it =P
Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2009, 09:08:18 AM »

What happened with Youtube?

InsaneTrout
Talented Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2009, 06:08:19 PM »

uuuhhh I'm gonna have to say that there isn't really dumb people and smart people. just the people who want to take the bull by the horns and figure things out for them self and self teaching themselves and the people who are lazy sacks of crap that are like spoiled and need to have everything handed to them on a gold platter encrusted with all sorts of gems and whatnot's. so yeah not really dumb people just people that lack the common sense and desire to figure things out for themselves. like myself I ask questions to things a really don't know or I'm just not sure about as a safety precaution to make sure I don't screw something up. I usually rip things apart myself and put them back together. like in auto I can successfully rip a small lawnmower engine completely apart and successfully put it back together without anyone telling me what to do or what to use. in other words I self taught myself. because it's sticks better in my memory better than someone telling me what to do. I'm gonna have to say that I'm very displease with today's society. I think it has gone down the tubes so much now. :/ too many people are being spoiled everything is being done for them leaving them with what? the only knowledge they've gained from that is how to pick up a phone and press a few buttons. if people took the time to do things them self and study up on what they are doing I think we'd have somewhat of a brighter society. I even regret screwing around in my past  when it came to school I mean if I could go back and do it over again I would so do it in a heartbeat. because I massively screwed around and I regret it a lot :/ it depresses me a lot.

Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2009, 03:27:49 AM »

I fully Agree with you InsaneTrout
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: