Softmod Depot
March 29, 2024, 02:31:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Emu...is there a step by step tutorial?  (Read 6065 times)
RooFerrigno
Jr. Modder

bababooey bababooey bababooey

View Profile
« on: November 20, 2009, 01:31:15 AM »

Hey whats up guys its been a bit since Ive been on here....and here's my problem!

I cant find a step by step INFORMATIVE tutorial on how/where to install the emulators and how the Roms should be....videos on youtube are good...but F'ing youtube takes them down after a quick minute...whats that about? anyways i degress....i have my laptop FTP to the xbox...i have a 500GB in there...so problem with space....and a buddy of mine installed NES and SNES for me soft modding and modding the shell of his xbox....but the lists are incomplete and dont come close to all the games....anyways

My problem:
How and where do the emus go
Should the Roms remain zipped or should i unzip them
The folder structure should be

If you could direct me in the proper area eather Video or tutorial it would meen alot...i have family coming in for thanksgiving and would like to have something for the small ones to play with and an xbox loaded with games would be perfect! Thanks again guys!
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 02:00:51 AM »

i don't think a tutorial is needed as it's very simple =)

if you have emu's in the Xbox right now then you know where they go  Roll Eyes But i'll tell you anyways lol

If your xbox was softmod with Krayzie's then you should have a emulators folder in E/ F/ and G/ if you have your partitions set  with .67

If you don't have the folder you can make it.

If you used SID then (Shame on you) lol.. But anyways if you used SID the folder will be called Emus

the Roms (all in what the emulator can play) Should be unpacked (aka) not in .rar or .zip

in the snes/nes/sega/etc etc folder should be a folder called Roms  there is where you place all your Roms.

examples

/F/emulators/Snes/
/F/emulators/Nes/roms/ <----where games go for Nes emulator =)
/G/emulators/Sega  <---- if you want them in G drive.

SMD
Administrator
Administrator
Jr. Modder

:\/: Proud Sweat Shop Owner :\/:

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 07:19:20 AM »

Also to add to Zzk's post... I've often had problems with emulators being too long in length... aka... file name. You may want to rename them to something shorter... maybe it's just me, but I always had a problem with that crap.

Happy modding...oh and don't do drugs!

Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 05:36:07 PM »

yea on a xbox no file name can be longer then 40 text  see keep names short
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: