Softmod Depot
April 18, 2024, 09:57:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: computer help?  (Read 4589 times)
Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« on: February 14, 2009, 01:58:48 PM »

I have a computer that i have built and have never turned it on. I installed the power supply recently and then attempted to install windows XP pro. The setup completed but then the computer turned off. I turned it on again and then the DVD and HDD lights take turns blinking but nothing is displayed on the screen. In fact, the screen stays in sleep mode. I have left it like this for a while but still nothing. Can someone tell me what i am doing wrong? I am about 95% sure the computer is built right.

" I'm gonna rip your throat and s**t down your neck!" -- Duke Nukem
All in all, it was a good day. Especially considering I didn't even have to use my AK.
rattmansam
Talented Modder

If I got it, I mod it!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 02:42:53 PM »

Dead bios maybe or the board got fried.

I like tacos.

Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 03:44:38 PM »

dead bios? i can get to bios sometimes... but its kinda weird. I have made progressby putting in a new hdd and re install windows. funny thing is that it only reads the disk when themy main hdd is disconnected. When i got into the bios i changed the boot settings to only boot from the DVD still nothing, I then put the hdd on top and got the missing ntldr press alt-ctrl-del to restart message but only sometimes. do you think it might be my windows disk? It is a custom build not a certified disk.

All in all, it was a good day. Especially considering I didn't even have to use my AK.
Boost
Softmod Elite
Administrator
Sr. Modder

yeah, we can do that

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 07:22:33 AM »

double check your CMOS jumper.
also bad memory causes a lot of random problems.

Sig Built by BOOST

Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 06:04:10 PM »

I reset my CMOS and hey it worked so i guess it was the long inactivity

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: