Softmod Depot
March 29, 2024, 04:52:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Iphone/Ipod touch Unbrickable  (Read 4104 times)
rattmansam
Talented Modder

If I got it, I mod it!

View Profile
« on: February 01, 2009, 01:25:32 PM »

It has come to my attention recently that many people claim they cant use their iphones ipod touchs anymore because they upgraded from 2.1 to 2.2 and didnt backup the jailbreak things in aptbackup and it has caused bricking they say well.

You hold down power button for 5 seconds until the iphone ipod touch comes up with slide to power off do this.
Hold down home and power buttons for ten seconds and let go and hold the home button for 30 or less, make sure you have it plugged into your pc or mac with the dock cable and once you hear the usb recognition let go of home button and your iphone ipod touch screen will be blank do not worry this is dfu mode. This allows forced restores on the device. Open itunes and make sure you have 2.0 or 2.1 downloaded and press ctrl and hold it and click restore with your cursor. it will bring up a window that will allow you to restore to any 2.0 and above firmware(possible custom firmware:not recommended) look for the firmware that you have downloaded and such.

Get firmwares here: http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/ (under iphone/ipod touch firmwares)   

Update: Jailbreak 2.2.1

Use quickpwn for windows and also available for mac osx and up.

I DO NOT CONDON NOR SUPPORT JAILBREAKING WITHOUT PROPER EXPERIENCE.
Ok you can now jailbreak ipod touch 2.2.1 second generation which is highly not recommended but heres a link to the website: http://redsn0w.com/

It has a readme but it is mac only with this version at the moment.

Also if you have an iphone 3g and have not upgraded yet but want to to 2.2.1 find a custom restore because if you want it to work unlocked then you will need to use the old baseband so dont upgrade unless you do not want unlocked but it can be jailbroken with standard quickpwn here:

http://www.quickpwn.com/

UPDATE: Recently it has come to my attention that you can brick ipod touch and iphone but that is if you really have no idea what you are doing but it is still recoverable as i have said before put it in dfu(thanks apple for the forced recovery chip!!) mode and restore in itunes.

Also on another note redsn0w lite semi-tethered jailbreak for ipod touch 2nd gen was released last week so if you have a mac and know console commands go ahead but be warned you may have to attempt several times and use youtube videos they help a lot.

HAPPY JAILBREAKING!!!!

Disclaimer: I personally take no responsibility for voided warranties which if you screw you ipod touch/iphone pm me and ill give help. Also jailbreaking does not necessarily null warranties but if you send it in to apple jailbroken i take no responsibility for your not knowing that this is not "legal" from apple's standpoint.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 11:50:12 PM by rattmansam » Logged

I like tacos.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: