Softmod Depot
March 29, 2024, 01:52:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PSP Brick by doing NAND operations, NEED HELP!  (Read 11375 times)
Brianjoy77
« on: January 30, 2009, 09:52:58 PM »

Hey, I just got my second PSP 2000 and like the first, I wanted to install CFW. So I used RainMMS on Vista and installed the custom firmware. Now, before I did all of this, on my other PSP I dumped the NAND and put it on my computer. So with the new one I wanted to Restore the NAND and continue with my new PSP. So after all the CFW is loaded on my new PSP (and working by the way) I decided it was time to restore the NAND. So I put the nand-dump.bin file in the root of the memory stick and restored the NAND. Everything was succesful and I turned off the PSP.

I then decided to turn on the PSP to see if everything worked and as you probably guessed, my PSP is bricked. I get the stupid turn on green light and nothing is on the screen, then the PSP turns off.

So I go back to my battery and memory stick and install the firmware again, no luck.

I try the method on zzk2001's youtube account (for making the MMS) and still no luck.

I deleted the bin file and I tried so many different things.

Even when I go to test M33 I get a black/blue screen and nothing loads (after 10 minutes I get the PSP turning on sound, the one that plays at the Sony logo) but nothing happens after that.

So my question is, what do I do? I don't know that much about PSP and NAND files, but I figured it couldn't hurt to dump and restore it. Do you think my PSP is gone forever? That would be aweful because I got it at Circuit City for $135 and it was their last one and the fact that they are going out of business, means no returns.

Any help would be appriciated,
-Brian

P.S. I don't even know what the NAND is. I thought it was your settings and networks information, that is what it is..... right?
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 01:38:32 AM »

wow I am really Sorry.

1. NEVER use a NAND dump from a different PSP 

2. you Just NAND bricked the PSP and the only way to get it Back is to use a NAND from that PSP

3. there are Some NAND porgrams out there But i don't think they will help you.

4. NAND is NOT for  settings and networks information  flash 1 would be for that.
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 08:28:26 PM »

Im sorry but its gone bro

rattmansam
Talented Modder

If I got it, I mod it!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 09:48:51 PM »

Wow that sucks you bricked it completely.

I like tacos.

Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 11:26:43 PM »

Wow that sucks you bricked it completely.
Someone once told me that that was impossible...

Brianjoy77
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2009, 11:28:52 PM »

Well this sucks! Boy I guess that is what I get for being stupid..... Thanks for the reply's!
Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2009, 11:34:31 PM »

Gamestop takes them for $50. Just don't tell them it's broke Cheesy Or you can return it if you bought it there and it's recent...

Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2009, 12:51:36 AM »

Gamestop takes them for $50. Just don't tell them it's broke Cheesy Or you can return it if you bought it there and it's recent...
Gamestop will check it.....

any way, the psp comes with a year warranty or something like that, so if you call sony up and check the warranty on the psp you have a chance Cheesy
Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2009, 02:04:27 AM »

Gamestop will check it.....
Oh... They took my PSP without checking it, but they may do it now. It would make sense to check them though.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: