Softmod Depot
March 28, 2024, 02:27:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: I want to get a laptop  (Read 12020 times)
InsaneTrout
Talented Modder

View Profile WWW
« on: January 30, 2009, 09:05:44 PM »

ok soo selling my computer hasn't gone so well as some woman (or man) tried to scam me but it didn't work ha ha soo when I do sell it I want to buy this laptop http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4374296&CatId=2618

I want to get everyone's opinion here to see if it's a good deal or not for this price... I can't find any computers at this price or cheaper that are as good as this your opinions are greatly appreciated thanks =]

Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 09:39:10 PM »

I would have to say for $600, that's a pretty sharp laptop. And with a $300 savings, you can't beat it!

LOL, my laptop cost me about $800, and it is only single core with 2GB RAM and 140GB HDD. This was like 2 years ago though Tongue

Go ahead and buy it. It's most likely worth it.

Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 01:48:27 AM »

hate to put it down or anything but it only has a Pentium D 2.00ghz CPU  Hell my Super Old Pc has a Pentium D 3.0ghz CPU  and  2Gigs of  667MHz ram is like only 50$ now a days and the GPU is only some crappy    Intel® Graphics  =/  I would maybe pay 300$ for that.
Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 02:06:19 AM »

It's a dual core and it's a laptop. You can't buy a laptop with anything better for under $1500.

InsaneTrout
Talented Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 11:35:06 AM »

hate to put it down or anything but it only has a Pentium D 2.00ghz CPU  Hell my Super Old Pc has a Pentium D 3.0ghz CPU  and  2Gigs of  667MHz ram is like only 50$ now a days and the GPU is only some crappy    Intel® Graphics  =/  I would maybe pay 300$ for that.

Ha ha Zz are you sniffin glue ha ha ha XD that's no Pentium D that's a Dual Core and if this thing has HDMI I'm sure it'll put out full 1080P resolution with no problems aaannd it's got  1759 MB of video memory lol for this price I think this laptop is a steal lol

Here look these are the specs look at em very carefully lol

Lifestyle:     Entertainment

Condition:     Refurbished

Operating Systems:     Windows Vista Home Premium (64-bit)

Startup Operating System:     Windows Vista™ Home Premium (64-bit)

Platform:     Notebook PC

Expansion Ports:     1 - Express Card Slot/54

Display Type:     WXGA Ultrabright™ TFT Active Matrix

Viewable Screen Size:     15.4"

Maximum Resolution:     1280 x 800

Processor Brand:     Intel

Processor Class:     Pentium Dual-Core

Processor Type:     Dual-Core

Processor Speed:     2.0GHz

Processor Number:     T3200

Processor FSB:     677MHz

Processor Cache:     1MB L2 Cache

Memory Type:     DDR2

Memory Size:     4GB

Memory Speed:     DDR2 667

Memory Slots (Filled):     2

Memory Slots (Total):     2

Memory Slots (Available):     0

Maximum Memory Supported:     4GB

Graphics Description:     Integrated Graphics

GPU/VPU:     Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500

Video Memory:     Up to 1759 MB Total Available Graphics Memory

Video Interface:     HDMI, VGA

Capacity:     250GB

Hard Drives Included:     1x 250GB

Drive Types:     Hard Drive

Hard Drive Speed:     5400 RPM

Optical Drive Type:     Dual Layer DVD-RW / DVD-RAM

Supplemental Drive Type:     Media Reader

Capacity:     5-in-1

Media Types:     Memory Stick
        xD-Picture Card
        Memory Stick PRO
        Multi Media Card
        Secure Digital card

Audio Description:     Integrated Audio

Audio Chipset:     Hi-Definition (HD) Audio Support

USB Ports:     3

LAN Ports:     1

Modem Ports:     1

Audio Out Jacks:     1

Microphone Jacks:     1

VGA Ports:     1

HDMI Ports:     1 - 1.3 compliant

Communications Description:     Integrated LAN
        Integrated Modem
        Integrated Wireless LAN

Interface Type:     RJ-11 Phone Connector
        RJ-45 Ethernet Connector
        802.11b/g/Draft-N Wireless Networking

Data Transfer Rate:     56Kbps Modem
        300 Mbps, 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN

Protocols:     V.92
        802.11b
        802.11g
        802.11Draft-N

Width:     14"

Height:     1.1" - 1.5"

Depth:     10"

Weight:     6.28 lbs

Mouse Type:     TouchPad™ Pointing Device

Buttons:     2

Scrolling Capability:     Vertical Scroll Up/Down

Keyboard Type:     Fullsize

Battery Type:     6-Cell Lithium-ion

Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2009, 04:13:35 PM »

I guess i don't know where you guys shop at But whatever =)

a Dual core 2  and a dual core Pentium D Is not even Close to the same.

you can get a Nice Laptop with Core 2  800mhz ram and at best a 7900GS  for around 800$ or 1,000$
InsaneTrout
Talented Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2009, 06:16:56 PM »

you can get a Nice Laptop with Core 2  800mhz ram and at best a 7900GS  for around 800$ or 1,000$

yeaahh but I'm cheap XD I'm looking in the price range of 5 to 6 hundred, lolz but if I wanted to spend a couple K on a laptop I'd go to alienware XD I love those computers Smiley

Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2009, 06:53:42 PM »

What is the differences in Core 2 Duo and Pentium D dual core?

Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2009, 07:12:27 PM »

http://www.intel.com/products/processor/core2duo/index.htm

with a core 2 your getting Better L2 and FSB at best 1066 or higher But with Pentium D your just getting MAX 800 FSB

to put it in ways you can understand

Core 2 2.6ghz  can play  crysis

Pentium D 3.0ghz can NOT play crysis
rattmansam
Talented Modder

If I got it, I mod it!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2009, 09:43:38 PM »

It's a dual core and it's a laptop. You can't buy a laptop with anything better for under $1500.

Lol hang on ill get a laptop for under 1500 with better than that.

http://www.sagernotebook.com/product_customed.php?pid=91130&action=customize (low end gaming laptop)

or

http://www.sagernotebook.com/product_customed.php?pid=51114&action=customize (mid range gaming laptop)

They both are under 1500 and kick serious ass, pardon but they do.

I like tacos.

InsaneTrout
Talented Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2009, 10:07:40 PM »

http://www.sagernotebook.com/product_customed.php?pid=91130&action=customize (low end gaming laptop)

or

http://www.sagernotebook.com/product_customed.php?pid=51114&action=customize (mid range gaming laptop)

Ok if we're talking about a budget $1,500 and under this is the best you're going to get...Gaming wise that is,and I'd rather it didn't have and ATI in it....This Dell Desktop that I'm on has an ATI Radeon X1550 2gb ram and an AMD Athlon 64 x2 4400 @2.3oGhz and it still managed to lag with just firefox and WMP11 open in other words BOTH ARE CRAP TO ME!! I hate em both..this computer is running Vista Home Premium SP1 and my computer was Running Vista Ultimate with a P4/w hyper threading@2.66Ghz 1gb ram and an NVIDA 7300 or 7600 AGP with 512 mb memory and it could multi task way beeter than this hunk of junk...I only trust NVIDIA and Intel they've never let me down Smiley
I mean this thing cost like over 3k and mine was like ummm 4 or 5 hundred...only thing I upgraded was the video card to run vista better....everything else was factory  Cool

http://www.alienware.com/customize/M17-notebook.aspx?SysCode=PC-LT-M17&Subcode=SKU-DEFAULT
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 10:10:08 PM by InsaneTrout » Logged

rattmansam
Talented Modder

If I got it, I mod it!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2009, 01:12:56 PM »

or

Ok if we're talking about a budget $1,500 and under this is the best you're going to get...Gaming wise that is,and I'd rather it didn't have and ATI in it....This Dell Desktop that I'm on has an ATI Radeon X1550 2gb ram and an AMD Athlon 64 x2 4400 @2.3oGhz and it still managed to lag with just firefox and WMP11 open in other words BOTH ARE CRAP TO ME!! I hate em both..this computer is running Vista Home Premium SP1 and my computer was Running Vista Ultimate with a P4/w hyper threading@2.66Ghz 1gb ram and an NVIDA 7300 or 7600 AGP with 512 mb memory and it could multi task way beeter than this hunk of junk...I only trust NVIDIA and Intel they've never let me down Smiley
I mean this thing cost like over 3k and mine was like ummm 4 or 5 hundred...only thing I upgraded was the video card to run vista better....everything else was factory  Cool

http://www.alienware.com/customize/M17-notebook.aspx?SysCode=PC-LT-M17&Subcode=SKU-DEFAULT

Lol wat??? dude that made almost no sense but we'll go with it lol alienware vs sager lol alienware gets stomped in the ground. lol here check out this sager

http://www.sagernotebook.com/product_customed.php?pid=90599&action=customize

This is a kick ass laptop here im not like trying to say buy sager but trust me they have some of the best prices on some of the best laptops that ive seen hell they even use on the higher end models they use desktop processors dont believe me look around on there there used to put fx-57's in some of there laptops back a few years ago at full clock speed none the less. 

I like tacos.

InsaneTrout
Talented Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2009, 02:37:53 PM »

or

Lol wat??? dude that made almost no sense but we'll go with it lol alienware vs sager lol alienware gets stomped in the ground. lol here check out this sager

http://www.sagernotebook.com/product_customed.php?pid=90599&action=customize

This is a kick ass laptop here im not like trying to say buy sager but trust me they have some of the best prices on some of the best laptops that ive seen hell they even use on the higher end models they use desktop processors dont believe me look around on there there used to put fx-57's in some of there laptops back a few years ago at full clock speed none the less. 

here to simplify it everything in my grandmothers computer is better than what used to be in my computer...still following lol ok so her computer is running vista home premium and mine is running vista ultimate meaning my OS has slightly more things to run than hers still with me? ok good anyways her computer can't multi task as good as mine withought all the lag and glitch yet my computer being worse than hers running more than hers can multi task better than hers now does it make sense to you? ha ha Tongue

yeah right dude alienware makes just about every computer it's *female dog* ha ha pardon my french. now not necessarily in the price department but you get waay more with alienware than any other company could ever dream of getting for there laptops....in desktop reagion I know of only one other company that surpases alienware and it's called Biohazzard computers or something like that lol

Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2009, 03:18:20 PM »

Laptops are still way over priced. I am still for desktops. for $1k, you can get a $15k laptop in a desktop form. It's much cheaper.

rattmansam
Talented Modder

If I got it, I mod it!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2009, 04:17:39 PM »

Laptops are still way over priced. I am still for desktops. for $1k, you can get a $15k laptop in a desktop form. It's much cheaper.

Lol i can config a laptop that is 4k and can destroy a 2k desktop in benchmarks and versatility. Sorry but if you want a laptop and dont want it for gaming go to bestbuy or circuit city or something and pick up one of their cheap ones it'll run just fine.

EDIT: i cant build a laptop that competes with something with quad graphics cards and 8 gbs of ram and thats skimping on a lot of stuff to config a desktop for 2k.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 04:19:14 PM by rattmansam » Logged

I like tacos.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: