Softmod Depot
April 19, 2024, 09:11:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Manage THIS Download!  (Read 3614 times)
skip2mylou
Sr. Modder

no wall is safe...

View Profile
« on: January 26, 2009, 11:29:46 AM »

hey there, i recently got internet in my apartment (super w00t) but my roommates voted for the router to be in the kitchen. when i bring my laptop to the kitchen, the speeds are super, but i do most of my downloading at night (MU happy hour premium) when my laptop is in my room. this is where the problem comes in because the internet is sporadic and cuts out many times. its usually not much of problem when i'm just surfing, but when downloading, if the internet cuts out, Firefox stops downloading and the file is prematurely completed. worst is that i can't resume, so i have redownload the file, spending my allotted download allowance, and i usually face the same problem of the internet cutting out once again. the same problem occurs with the MU Download manager. So my question is what's a good download manager, that I can just paste the links into and that i dont have to worry about prematurely completing the download in case the internet cuts out. thanks.

rattmansam
Talented Modder

If I got it, I mod it!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 09:46:14 PM »

Move the router or go closer to it with your laptop cause you have to pay for mu resumable dls(premium feature) and all other dls i dont know cause i have never used a dl manager but just google it and try a few.

I like tacos.

Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 11:25:43 PM »

I've used Flashget before for my downloads. It seems to work fine.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: