Softmod Depot
March 29, 2024, 05:01:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I want to sell my PC  (Read 9219 times)
InsaneTrout
Talented Modder

View Profile WWW
« on: January 12, 2009, 05:42:47 PM »

Soo yeah I need money because I need to get a car and like get my life started off. and I wanted to sell my computer. Everything in it is pretty much brand new except the DVD/CD Rewritable drive umm It would come with the Tower,Monitor which has a resolution of 1280x1024 ,Sound System,Wireless Keyboard/Mouse Combo,The Wi-Fi Adapter that's Wireless B,G,and N Umm it would come completely reformatted and fresh with some apps umm it will come with C4D portable like 30 Gigs of music and a couple of HD movies umm three Jeff Dunham Movies it comes with all of the drivers The OS is Windows Vista Ultimate. ummm inside the machine is a creative SB Audigy I think 7.1 surround sound card the board had two PCI slots total PCI-E x16 PCI-E x1 or whatever that mini port is lol umm it has 4 SATA ports,two ram slot one filled with a 1GB Ram umm a Dual Core @2.20GHz and a 350 PSU,uuhh a 160GB HD umm I put in a Blue Led back fan and A red one in frontand I cut out the side panel and put a window in aaand I changed the front LED from a fadded green to a bright blue.

Umm the Speaker system is a 5.1 320 watt bookshelf stereo that has a built in 7 CD/DVD changer "that does  not work" I'm not sure why either the brand is Magnavox it also has a built in AM/FM tuner. It's a little beat up but works great.

umm all of this stuff together it gonna be like.. I dunno $300-$400? does that sound fair? I mean calculating all of the stuff together it cost more than that I myself think it's kinda a steal of a deal.

Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 06:33:25 PM »

Take out the sound system and I'd think about $275? I'm a cheap bastard, so this is just speculating.

I need more detail. Like what size RAM, what CPU (specifics)? What's the monitor size? LCD? Format like this:

Pentium D 3.0 Ghz Hyperthreaded
2GB DDR2 RAM
160GB HDD SATA
200GB HDD IDE
2x DVD DL Burners
9-in-1 media reader
wireless KB and mouse
(thats my basic setup)

InsaneTrout
Talented Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 08:59:32 PM »

These two things are factory from Gateway: An 18" LCD monitor,resolution is 1280x1024 and a DVD/CD Combo drive. No idea what the write speed is

All of this stuff I put into it and is brand new:
160GB Sata Hard Drive
1GB DDR2 Ram
Intel Pentium Dual Core E2200 @2.20GHz with a Thermaltake TR2 M21 RX to keep it nice and cool.
Mid tower case that supports Micro ATX
Two case Fans one red one blue
A 350Watt PSU
I changed the Front LED from Green to blue
I put a window in the left side of the tower
The mother Board is a Intel Essential Series D945GCNL
Operating System is Windows Vista Ultimate 32-Bit (Dell Version)
Logitech EX110 Series wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo
Creative SB Audigy 7.1 Surround Sound PCI card
This computer comes With over 35GB of music,Adobe PhotoshopeCS3/CS4,Autodesk Maya Unlimited 2008,C4D R11 (portable), Nero 8 Unlimited,Xilisoft HD Video Converter v5.1.2,McAfee VirusScan Plus 2008,Camstatia, and 5 Movie two of which are in 720pHD
comes with a 5.1 bookshelf surround sound system with just two speakers(was originally given to me withought speakers) so I build two out of car speakers. This computer comes with all of it's drivers that are needed and it will be whiped clean and fully uptated before handed to the purchaser with all the music and movies on it.

Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 09:21:51 PM »

Few things:

You have a pretty good starter machine. The only thing that is deterring me is your motherboard. I have this board and it is better imo than yours:
http://www.intel.com/products/motherboard/D945GCL/index.htm

Sorry man, I can't buy your system. If you can't get it sold though, I could take your hard drive (wiped 100%) and CPU w/ cooler off your hands. I'd pay maybe... Maybe $75 or $100?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 09:37:27 PM by Coburn » Logged

InsaneTrout
Talented Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 10:07:17 PM »

Few things:

You have a pretty good starter machine. The only thing that is deterring me is your motherboard. I have this board and it is better imo than yours:
http://www.intel.com/products/motherboard/D945GCL/index.htm

Sorry man, I can't buy your system. If you can't get it sold though, I could take your hard drive (wiped 100%) and CPU w/ cooler off your hands. I'd pay maybe... Maybe $75 or $100?

Actually they're just about the same :] I've only found three differences between my board and your board. Your board supports up to 4GB of ram, Well mine only supports 2GB of ram. My board is 5.1 Realtek HD and yours is just basic 5.1. and my board has 10/100/1000Mbits per sec yours just has 10/100Mbits per sec. Sooo really I'd say they're about even or so the only real advantage yours has over mine is the support of  4GB of ram =]

[Edit] Pluse mine came with this stuff lol not that any of it i actually good or anything lol just a little bonus lol   
* Diskeeper* 9 Home Edition
* Kaspersky* Anti-Virus (Russian)
* Kingsoft* Antivirus (Chinese)
* Norton Internet Security*
* Skype*
* TypePad*

P.S. don't ask why they gave me those two things in Russian and Chinese lol
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 10:11:20 PM by InsaneTrout » Logged

Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 11:19:06 PM »

I'm a RAM kinda guy. And I have a 7.1 HD sound card in my PC right now Tongue So I'm not that worried. If I was to upgrade my whole system, I would go for broke (quad core, 8GB Ram, ect...) That's why I only want your HDD and CPU Cheesy

InsaneTrout
Talented Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 11:41:58 PM »

I'm a RAM kinda guy. And I have a 7.1 HD sound card in my PC right now Tongue So I'm not that worried. If I was to upgrade my whole system, I would go for broke (quad core, 8GB Ram, ect...) That's why I only want your HDD and CPU Cheesy

ha ha touche lol,Yeah I'm a Ram guy too but unfortunately I gotta sell this thing as a complete set because then parts get spread out and next thing you know I'm only down to my case which nobody's gonna want to buy lol I think I'm gonna slap it on to graigs list tomorrow see If I can get some offers around my place so I can have the people come over to check the stuff out. and so they can pay me cash Grin

Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2009, 08:30:29 PM »

Hey, it's no biggy. But if you can't sell it, look me up Smiley 50% of something is better than 100% of nothing Tongue

InsaneTrout
Talented Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2009, 05:09:37 PM »

Hey, it's no biggy. But if you can't sell it, look me up Smiley 50% of something is better than 100% of nothing Tongue

lol that's very true, But I think I may have found somebody. A woman named Maria asked me to buy it and she wants to give me $450 for it so I'm trying to fnd out from here when she wants to pick it up or whatever but she keeps repeating herself lol

Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2009, 06:55:16 PM »

Well grats! Good luck on the car!

InsaneTrout
Talented Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2009, 06:38:13 PM »

Well grats! Good luck on the car!

Thank you very much :] I think she's a dud though because I havent really heard from her in like two days sooo I'm moving to the next  customer that wants to pay more =D

Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2009, 08:49:44 PM »

you gotta watch out on craigslist, a lot of scammers on there, they will not "scam" you but give you the run around a lot. make sure the people you are talking to on there are in the city you live in. Ive been selling a lot of things on craigslist so I have heard all of them.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: