Softmod Depot
March 29, 2024, 12:53:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Did this guide help?
Excelent, I completely understood it! - 7 (100%)
It got me to what i needed to do, but i was confused. - 0 (0%)
I didn't understand any of it. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 4

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Twilight Princess Hack with HomeBrew Channel for Wii  (Read 7066 times)
GamezR2EZ
« on: December 29, 2008, 11:19:51 AM »

DISCLAIMER: I, nor the makers of this hack, are in anyway responsible for YOU, or anyone else, using this and damaging you Wii in any way, shape, or form.

Twilight Princess Hack with HomeBrew Channel for Wii v03

Prerequisites:
Wii with system version 3.3 or below (v3.4 users, see footnote)*
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess for Wii (An actual copy and not a burned one)
Wiimote and Nunchuck (Zelda requires it)
SD card that is compatible with your Wii (not an SDHC card)
Several files I will link to throughout.

Optional:
Internet connection for the Wii (Wireless or LAN)

Assumptions:
You have some technical knowledge of computers in general (What and SD card is, how to format it, ect ect.)
You haven't created a save file for "The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess" on the Wii you are wanting to mod (If you have just skip to step 4 when you get to the "On the Wii" section)
You have the guts to possibly brick your Wii.

Notes:
You will have to delete your Zelda save. So if you have played the game and want to keep your save, back it up to an SD card.
Unsure of your Wii system version? Goto "Wii Options > Wii Settings". It will be in the upper right hand corner!

End Game:
This process will allow you to install the HomeBrew Channel (HBC) onto your Wii.

Preperation:

1.   Download the file pack from our file section. It is found in the "Wii" directory and named ZTPH_w_HBC_v3.3_and_below.rar.

2.   Take your SD card and format it to FAT (on older systems this may be called FAT16, both are acceptable).

3.   Extract the contents of the file you just downloaded to the root directory of your newly formated SD card.

4.   If all this was done correctly, you should see 2 folders and a file on your SD card. The folders are named "apps" and "private" and the file is named boot.dol.

5.   Get your "The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess" disc and look at the inside ring of the disc.

6.   Turn the disc until you see RVL-RZD*-0A-*.

7.   The stars tell you which disc you have, using the chart below, you can determine which save file you need.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|       Inner Ring Text        |        Region           |       Save Name     |
|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|       RVL-RZDP-0A-0        |   Europe(EUR)       |   Twilight Hack      |
|       RVL-RZDJ-0A-0         |   Asia(JPN)            |   Twilight Hack      |
|       RVL-RZDE-0A-0        |   America(USA)      |   TwilightHack0     |
|       RVL-RZDE-0A-2        |   America(USA)      |   TwilightHack2     |
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8.   After you find it and are 100% you have the right save, remember what save name and region you need.

9.   After verifying you have the files set in place, and you know which save game you need, you can move onto modifying the Wii.

On the Wii:

1.   Insert "The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess" into your Wii and start the game.

2.   Continue as if you were going to play the game. When it asks if you would like to create a save, click Yes.

3.   Restart your Wii.

4.   Goto "Wii Options > Data Management > Save Data > Wii"

5.   Find your "The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess" save game file and Delete it.

6.   Click on "SD Card" in the upper right corner of the screen.

7.   Find the save game matching the region of your Wii and copy that save to your Wii.

8.   Click "Back > Back > Back > Back > Back". You should now be at the Main Menu.

9.   Start "The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess".

10.  Continue as if you were going to play the game. When at the Save Menu, select the appropriate save as discussed earlier.

11.  Once the game loads, run backwards until the exploit is triggered. When it has been triggered the screen will go blank for a second.

12.  The HBC install screen should now be up. Simply follow the onscreen instruction to install it. (If you can't read it, just hit 1 over and over again to Accept.) When the installation has completed the Wii will restart and you will have the HBC!!

13.  That's it! You are done. You can delete the "The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess" game save that you copied over now. I recommend doing this to aviod confustion for saved games.

Now what? Well from here you can run homebrew software, play your legally backed up games, or just sit back and watch a DVD! A whole new world opened up for your Wii in just a few minutes; Enjoy!

Other Tutorials:
Soon to come.......

* This guide is written as if you have v3.3 or below installed, you can use the same steps with a v3.4 system, but you will need ZTPH_w_HBC_v3.4.rar instead of ZTPH_w_HBC_v3.3_and_below.rar.

Change Log:

v03 - Various changes.

v02 - Corrected spelling and links.

v01 - Initial release.

ToDo:
LINKS!! LINKS!! LINKS!!!
Need to revise video, overlay a few items
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 11:02:04 AM by GamezR2EZ » Logged
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 11:46:50 AM »

i don't understand why everyone says delete the TW save Before doing the hack, When i did it I have Never played the game and all i did was Save the game then Place the SD card in with the hack save on it  And Turn On game and Load the Hack save and Done.

Never deleted the TW save i made.
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 11:51:53 AM »

i don't understand why everyone says delete the TW save Before doing the hack, When i did it I have Never played the game and all i did was Save the game then Place the SD card in with the hack save on it  And Turn On game and Load the Hack save and Done.

Never deleted the TW save i made.

the reason is the people how made this take the phrase "err on the side of caution" to a whole new level.
The wii looks for a save to load, it see BOTH the actual TP game save and teh specially crafted one, which one will it load? will it damage the one it doesnt? will the wii try to load them both and something dire happen? will it always happen, or will it only happen if you have 1 VC game installed? If the player hits the Home button, in conjunction to having both saves, will the system crash?

Who knows! There is no way to test all the variables, so they simply take as many variables out of the equation as possible. They are very smart for doing this as well.
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 02:25:34 PM »

someone do me a favor and watch the video i made, see if you can make anything out

its in the file section under Instructional Videos
its named Wii_Twilight_Princess_Hack_with_HBC_v3.3_and_below.avi

i recorded the actual screen for the wii but i cant seem to do an overlayed video cuase i dont know how lol, but see if you can follow this without the overlay for right now please

Its up
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 03:03:57 PM by GamezR2EZ » Logged
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 03:33:17 PM »

Nice vid dude. love the Dr. Pepper for good luck Grin
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2008, 03:48:46 PM »

Ok i just watched it and it's Not bad Gets to the Point, Little fast past for some Ppl i am sure but that's going to Happen no matter what.

(Side notes)
I would say with a little editing it Would be very Sweet, maybe use camStudio to record the Desktop for Wii and The Copying of the files.  (yea i know the copying of the files are easy) BUT i have run a cross some ppl that find it hard   Tongue
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2008, 04:57:37 PM »

Ok i just watched it and it's Not bad Gets to the Point, Little fast past for some Ppl i am sure but that's going to Happen no matter what.

(Side notes)
I would say with a little editing it Would be very Sweet, maybe use camStudio to record the Desktop for Wii and The Copying of the files.  (yea i know the copying of the files are easy) BUT i have run a cross some ppl that find it hard   Tongue

agreed, but i dont wanna add support for morons (sorry to the people i concerns Tongue) cuase as i said
"Assumptions:
You have some technical knowledge of computers in general (What and SD card is, how to format it, ect ect.)"

now i have actually recorded what was going on on the screen BUT i havent found any software to overlay the image onto yet

and yeah, ima fast paced guy, at least when im talking, hopefully people will read the guide and watch the vid at the same time, cuase they gonna have to watch it more than once anyway
Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2008, 05:57:37 PM »

Very simple easy to understand and everything. As for the video, I have not seen it but the text enough should be plenty for a member of this site.

" I'm gonna rip your throat and s**t down your neck!" -- Duke Nukem
All in all, it was a good day. Especially considering I didn't even have to use my AK.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: