Softmod Depot
March 18, 2024, 09:18:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: [Wii]Twilight Princess Hack  (Read 82981 times)
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« on: December 27, 2008, 04:36:58 PM »

!!!WARNING I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS TO YOU OR YOUR Wii USING THIS TUTORIAL. USE THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!

Ok here's a tut to softmod your Wii using
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Hack

devolved by Team Twiizers

Required materials:

* SD card (<= 2GB, not SDHC) formatted as FAT. (The Wii System Menu, which is used to copy the save, only reads SD cards, not SDHC).
    * SD card reader
    * The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (that has been played at least once)
    * Some homebrew to load (e.g. get the Homebrew Channel)

The Twilight Hack varies from Wii menu system version so
now we need to know what system version your Wii is?
To check this simply go to the Wii Options--> Wii Settings
And on the TOP RIGHT Hand side it should say what version your system menu is at

See mines at ver. 3.1U so i used the Twilight Hack v0.1-beta1.zip

So for people on Wii System Version(s) 3.3 and earlier Download this version of Twilight Hack
Twilight Hack v0.1-beta1.zip

And for the Wii System 3.4 Users download this one
Twilight Hack v0.1-beta2.zip

SORRY Wii 4.0 USERS ARE OUT OF LUCK.... FOR NOW Wink

Now lets check what disc you have. Because inside the zip file you will find versions of the hack for all three regions. You may copy all of them to your SD card, but you will need to choose the correct one to copy to your Wii based on your version of Zelda: Twilight Princess. USA users, additionally, need to determine the correct save slot to load once inside Twilight Princess. The easiest way to check your version is to compare the text string which is on the inner circle of the data surface with the ones below.

see mines   RVL-RZDE-0A-0 JPN
So that means IF you have "RVL-RZDE-0A-0 JPN" disc use the hack save folder "RZDE" and load that in to your Wii game Saves, and boot the "TwilightHack0" Save Slot.

See, for disc "RVL-RZDE-0A-0 JPN", you'll boot "Twilight Hack0"

So find your inner circle text, then match to the correct save hack file, finally choose the absolutely correct save slot when in the game  Smiley

NOW Lets MOD

1.  Ensure your SD card is formatted as FAT. By default SD cards are formatted as FAT, so if you're not sure you can skip this step.

2. (Optional) If you have an existing Zelda save that you want to backup, do so before proceeding:
         A. Put your SD card in your Wii and turn it on.
         B. Go into Wii Options --> Data Management --> Save Data --> Wii
         C. Find your Zelda save, click on it, click "Copy", and click Yes
         D. Put your SD card in your computer, and copy the "private" folder from the card to a safe place.

3. Copy the "private" directory from the Twilight Hack download to the root of your SD card.

4. Take your homebrew Wii executable (e.g. Homebrew Channel) (elf or dol file) and save it in the root directory of your SD card as "boot.elf" or "boot.dol" as appropriate.

5. Put your SD card in your Wii and turn it on.

6. Go into Wii Options --> Data Management --> Save Data --> Wii.

7. Find your Zelda save, click on it, click "Erase", and click Yes.

8. Open the SD card and select the "Twilight Hack" save that corresponds to your game region. Note: Some people are having problems with the Wii not "seeing" the save file on the SD card. If you are experiencing this, try setting the archive bit for the data.bin file - in Windows this can be either be done from the file's properties dialog (right click on it in Windows Explorer and check the box) or from the command line using "attrib +a <path to data.bin>". More info at #wiihelp on Efnet.

9. Click copy and then yes. Now exit out of the menu.

10. If you are using System Menu 3.4, you must immediately put the Twilight Hack to use. Turning off or running some other channel or game will have the System Menu delete the savegame again, and you'll have to start over.

11. Insert The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess game disc and run the game.
          * If you have the USA version of the game, load the "TwilightHack0" or "TwilightHack2" version of the game as appropriate (see above).
          * Otherwise, load the only "Twilight Hack" save game.

12. Once in the game, either walk backwards or talk to the man standing in front of you.

13. Follow the instructions listed on the screen.

14. Enjoy

Reposed by Snipes101
Sources:
www.wiibrew.org
http://hbc.hackmii.com/

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to ask
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 08:28:01 AM by Snipes101 » Logged
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2008, 05:07:34 PM »

i have a few questions.

1. do you need to load the Hack every time to Play backups ?

2. I remember when the TW hack first came out you could only play NGC backups and NOT Wii games (has this changed?

3. I seen a lot of Down loads for the Wii Games and know there's Some patched and Some not And from what i know you Need the Patched to work is that True? (if wii games work on it)

4.Is 3.4 the Newest update ? And on top of that What will happen if you Update with the hack on the Wii?

Sorry if i ask to much LOL i am not really the person Who Ask questions  Tongue
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2008, 05:14:47 PM »

1. NO, theirs a program call Backup Loader .3g for the Wii that you run off the Home Brew Channel and it runs every Wii game and ANY REGION Cheesy

2. Yes, both are playable now

3. Nope, not that i know of. Just burn and run it on Backup Loader or Wii Gator

4. If you update to 3.4 it will delete all your "Other channels" that your not allowed to have with out your consent thanks to Nintendos new policy update
"To ensure that your Wii Console is operating properly and efficiently, we may download updates, patches, upgrades and similar software to your Wii Console. In addition, we may disable unauthorized or illegal software that has been placed on your Wii Console without notifying you where necessary, in order to comply with applicable laws, assist law enforcement, protect us and our customers, and prevent the use and distribution of software obtained through improper channels."

But what did you think about the tut?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 05:16:27 PM by Snipes101 » Logged
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2008, 05:24:51 PM »

Looks Good I'll try it on My friends Wii here Soon.
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2008, 05:28:06 PM »

Thanks bro, let me know how it went anxious to hear how it goes with the tut Smiley

and change anything that needs to be changed Wink
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2008, 08:11:35 PM »

Ok one last Question before I do this Cuz my friend is Very picky about this stuff LOL

What do you mean by Twilight Princess (that has been played at least once)?

The hack it's self is a Save right? so why would i have to have played the game?

Where i am getting at is I am just going to Rent the game and use it for the Hack then Go from there.
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2008, 08:47:52 PM »

well just so you have the game save on their. Even thought your just going to delete it after words.  so really idk lol just play it, save it, delete it and load up the hack save and mod it thats wat i did lol
realg123
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2008, 09:45:48 PM »

Mr snipes thanks for the great tutorial. I am going to buy a wii, mod it then return it, just to see how it works.
Thanks again
realg123
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2008, 09:55:37 PM »

also would any version of zelda twilight princess work?
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2008, 10:11:32 PM »

yeah any, i don't think they made platinum hits just yet Wink lol and why would you only buy a Wii mod it then return it?  Tongue
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 10:24:01 PM by Snipes101 » Logged
realg123
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2008, 10:52:18 PM »

just to try it out, geeez what do i look like bill gates. and to answer zzk's patching question. some games do require ppf patches. I had a modded wii (hardmodded) and some games needed to be ppf patched. i think i had a wiikey, it might be different now though
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2008, 12:26:01 AM »

long time no see

ok snipes, very good, couple things you guys need to know

1 the reason, zzk, that you have to create a save first for zelda is it creates several "hidden" files that you will need

2. if you already have a v3.4 wii you will need TPHack beta2, same rest of guide with one differenece, you have to use the hack immediatly, if you reboot the wii it deletes the file

3. the BEST wii firmware is the 3.2 for homebrew at least

4. sites to keep in touch with

Compatibility List for WiiGator v3
WiiGator Backup Launcher
Waninkoko - God of Wii modding
HUGE list of homebrew apps

i did some deep studying into this hack and im heavy into wii homebrew currently (hence my abbsence) so if you have ANY questions, PM or start a thread and i can help

SIDE NOTE: with the HBC (HomeBrew Channel) you can use  SDHC cards (32gb cards) i also have been experimenting with booting wii game from SD card (SDHC cards can hold them so im trying) downside, slower than a VW GTI Golf in SanFransisco

EDIT: i will be dropping some RAR's into the file section here of the hack so you can just unzip to your SD card and go, once the HBC is up you will no longer need to ever use TP again... ever

Be posting a guide for backing up Wii (and 360) games here in a few days
Will be rewriting this guide, and explaining a few more things (such as how to play DVD's in the Wii and how to use a few tools)
im sure Snipes wont mind, its copy and pasted from wiibrew anyway Wink
« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 12:33:47 AM by GamezR2EZ » Logged
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2008, 02:54:17 AM »

Yea he did the Update like 5 days ago so i am sure it's on 3.4  SO... i'll have no real problem other then I need to Start the Game and Don't restart the Wii then I'll have the Homwbrew channel and it will not get deleted unless i Do a Wii 24 connect or Update "right?" 

just hoping thats all true as i can't keep doing the TW hack as it's Not mine or His game.

we are going to get the Game tomorrow and do it If it all works I'll make a Video on it as well, And i'll add in the program you need for loading games and what not in the video.
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2008, 12:49:50 PM »

yes zzk, you can can do everything you just said, you have the right idea
after getting the homebrew channel i suggest downgrading to 3.2 firmware (or you wont be able to play many or any games) i was going to be writing a tut for that
it will be up monday hopefully

and zzk you CAN make a vid if you want, but could you do it after i write my guide so i dont have to have a video LOL
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2008, 02:26:49 PM »

OK soon as you have the downgrade to 3.2 up I'll make the video, or i'll just look around for it =P
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: