Softmod Depot
March 29, 2024, 05:14:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: problems with PS2 dvd drive  (Read 9205 times)
grim1010
« on: December 23, 2008, 10:33:07 PM »

Hi everyone. I'm new to the site and feel bad about comein right into it with a question but here it is. I have a PS2 that when i try to play games on it one of 2 things happens. A> It comes up in the browser as "Disk read error" or B> It will pull up the disk icon below the mem. card icons but when i select it, it will load to a black screen for 5 seconds then go back to the browser with all three Icons again. I can get my Swap magick to work (sometimes,  its tempermental) and it loads my back-ups just fine. This is the second time it has happend, i took the drive out of my older (same version drivers) PS2 and it worked for about a week and started doin this again. I have tried cleaning the disks as well as the drive lens and am now at a complete loss as to what the problem could be. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated
Boost
Softmod Elite
Administrator
Sr. Modder

yeah, we can do that

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 12:15:02 PM »

I've done this to many older fat PS2's in the past and it has worked 100% of the time.
follow this tut it's not that hard.
http://arstechnica.com/articles/paedia/hardware/ps2.ars/3

BOOST

Sig Built by BOOST

Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2008, 06:19:14 PM »

and if you have the slim version, what kind of flip top or sensor blocking method are you using?

" I'm gonna rip your throat and s**t down your neck!" -- Duke Nukem
All in all, it was a good day. Especially considering I didn't even have to use my AK.
grim1010
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2008, 11:44:02 AM »

Cool Boost thx very much,  i will try that just as soon as i get home and hope for the best lol. and sorry Art it is a fat PS2,   i shoulda been specific on that.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: