Softmod Depot
March 29, 2024, 08:33:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: More and More Anime  (Read 17269 times)
GamezR2EZ
« on: October 30, 2008, 10:56:11 PM »

Ok so im not a big Anime guy, but most of my friends are and i know some of you guys are too

a site called www.hulu.com is consistently adding new anime series for streaming everyday, i know they have almost if not all of Bleach and a bunch of other ones (and they keep adding new series)

they also have ALOT of other shows (which is why i go there) from Chuck to 24, King of the Hill to King of Queens, they have alot

and they have movies, ill be it i dont like most of them but still)
so check it out if you want

PS its also PERFECTLY LEGAL!!!!!! it has 10-15 sec. commercials where the normal commercials would have been anyway, but they are almost unnoticeable so check it out, if they dont have what you want now, check back tommorow!
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 08:19:54 AM »

yeah that place is good but you  cant rip from them using firefox addons  Cry
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 08:55:46 AM »

O www.hulu.com   How we loved you, you came in just as the other sites went down and you replaced the Whole left in our Harts =)

but anyway yea i have been there, "don't really like the codeing"  Low Quality  BUT still a good place for Ppl like my friend.

he has DSL and no cable TV so he just Watches www.hulu.com  all the time LOL
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 01:49:57 PM »

yeah that place is good but you  cant rip from them using firefox addons  Cry

snipes..... i aims to please

but anyway yea i have been there, "don't really like the codeing"  Low Quality 

they have the option of 480p, which does help ALOT on HD monitors
i learn to live with it cuase at least its consistent quality, i know what im getting (and its legal) rather than torrents that are hit and miss (and arent legal..)

PS snipes, use vlc player for all your flv playing needs (not that crappy flv player that comes with the other program)
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 07:03:14 PM »

snipes..... i aims to please

Dude i stand corrected  Grin

ps OMG download helper works as well with the newest update Cheesy
Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2008, 08:44:49 AM »

Dude i stand corrected  Grin

ps OMG download helper works as well with the newest update Cheesy

how so?

" I'm gonna rip your throat and s**t down your neck!" -- Duke Nukem
All in all, it was a good day. Especially considering I didn't even have to use my AK.
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2008, 10:43:33 AM »

i am not going to start anything but  torrents   are not hit or miss.

you look for what you want and download the  torrent and you get what you want.
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2008, 11:32:12 AM »

i am not going to start anything but  torrents   are not hit or miss.

you look for what you want and download the  torrent and you get what you want.

ideally Yes, that is how torrents are SUPPOSED to be
but you have alot of people who dont really know anything about video conversion trying to make a name for themselves (which is utterly pointless on the web) that choose the fast encode settings they can find to get the video out on the web as soon as possible whether it has been cropped, commercials cut, or has correct aspect ratio or not

so you look for what you want, find it, and it may STILL be a crappy, that has parts missing or some commercials still in

granted given enough time i would be able to find a video that is good quality, but at the cost of what? one HD episode can be over a gig!

or i can watch hulu, who always has the commercials cut out (and they encode from the source NOT tv) i can download it as fast as my computer can download (thanx to RMC) and i know that it will be around 230mb for and hour show and what the quality will be

thus i will say torrents are hit and miss because no matter what it says.... you just dont know whats in the torrent

and come on guys, we only watch the show once and trash it anyway! who cares if its semi good quality?

PS:
IDK why this would be important here... but if you DO want to rip your own movies from dvd use DVDFab and MeGUI to do it, it works great!
and the Aspect Ratios of 2.35:1 and 2.40:1 are both ACTUALLY 2.39:1 (check wiki Wink)
OR if you are converting for PSP or whatever the below is most useful
so...
2.39:1 = 688x288 (closest possible ratio, 2.388888888889:1)
1.85:1 = 592x320 (dead on aspect ratio! 1.85:1)

EDIT:
Now movies are being released in 16:9 (or 1.777777777778:1) aspect ratio, standard HiDef WideScreen TV Size, so...
16:9 (1.78:1) = 512x288 (Dead on aspect! 16:9 or 1.78:1)
Alternatively, if 512 is to small, you can use 688x388 (very close aspect ratio 1.77:1)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 03:37:04 PM by GamezR2EZ » Logged
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2008, 01:13:51 PM »

True gamez, i've gotten some crappy family guy episodes, to when i just go to Hulu now and get direct download plus i know im getting FULL quality commercial free  Grin
Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2008, 09:23:21 PM »

snipes how do you do that? I want a firefox plugin to do that, but download helper wont work on my mac. It just stays black and white....

" I'm gonna rip your throat and s**t down your neck!" -- Duke Nukem
All in all, it was a good day. Especially considering I didn't even have to use my AK.
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2008, 11:05:54 PM »

i am sorry GamezR2EZ but i don't share that idea of torrents with you.

i mean i can close my eyes and pick a random torrent of a Show and it will be 100% fine.

i mean really any brain dead person would read the comments of the torrent before downloading it to make sure it's 100% good

And on top of that Just remember the Good coders Names like [eztv]

and i don't share the idea of watching the eps only once  there are Many shows i watch over and over as i wait for the New Season to start.

as for hulu having  "Good" quality  (your kindling right?) i have seen better Quality on a .rmb rip lol

BUT really i could care less i mean really it's all in how you see it and What works best for you.
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2008, 11:04:48 AM »

well see thats what i was saying man, if you WANT to watch it more than once, finding a quality rip and downloading it is worth the time

me personally i watch them once then trash them (if i like it i buy the season later)
so for me i can either find a torrent and spend an hour or more to download it (depending on how many seeds it has, and since i like watching it the day after it airs there arent normally alot of seeds)
OR i can go to hulu, download the episode (at my speed it takes about 5 minutes for 30min episode and 10 for and hour) watch it and toss it before the other torrent even finishes
and lets not forget the "legal" thing
i really only like to do things legally, that and freeware

and zzk, you get all your stuff on acetorrents (most) right? well in the public-semiprivate world of torrents, they are garbage, and the comments mean nothing most of the time

and the tag [eztv] someone could have put on there not really being a true [eztv] rip
and since its a reup you dont know wether they just put the tag there or they actually HAVE the [eztv] copy

i could get into a private torrent site, but i have this philosophy, i live on the cutting edge of mediocre, crappy enough to not be noticed high up (big torrent sites), but not so crappy as to be monitored by everyone (aka mininova, TPB, ect ect)

PS acetorrents is watched by the feds! just... dont drop the soap man
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2008, 03:30:47 PM »

snipes how do you do that? I want a firefox plugin to do that, but download helper wont work on my mac. It just stays black and white....

idk i just works on mine yo

i mean really any brain dead person would read the comments of the torrent before downloading it to make sure it's 100% good

god i love this lol Grin
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2008, 11:45:58 PM »

again i don't  really want to start anything on this as it's really all in what you want/need

BUT

i only get like 10% of my stuff from Acetorrents and about 70% from Mininova

and one word about the feds comment..... Paranoid  100%   Roll Eyes
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2008, 10:22:30 AM »

i only get like 10% of my stuff from Acetorrents and about 70% from Mininova
and the other 20% you make up to prove your point right?

and one word about the feds comment..... Paranoid  100%   Roll Eyes
completely, its why i wipe my drives every week, and when im done with a harddrive i take it apart and burn the disc (actually thats partly cuase im a pyromaniac....) but yeah, i also built a purge device (from a few high power magnets) that can wipe my computer with a pass over in about 10 secs, not the best way since its still recoverable BUT its very very hard and requires tons of equipment

again i don't  really want to start anything on this as it's really all in what you want/need

BUT
famous last words
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: