Softmod Depot
April 24, 2024, 05:11:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Error 21 on Softmod  (Read 7159 times)
rocketx13
« on: October 24, 2008, 10:01:31 PM »

Ok, Here's my problem. I have an xbox that I softmodded with an older slayers disk, Mech Warrior, and a 250gb Seagate Hard drive about two years ago. The Xbox has worked flawlessly up until yesterday when it froze upon loading a Half Life 2 save. Upon rebooting I get an Error 21, which I understand is a corruption of the dashboard somewhere. Now, it's been a few years and I'm pretty fuzzy on the whole soft modding community and can't remember a lot about the original time or version of slayers when I softmodded it. What I'd like to know is how I should go about fixing this error and still keep my my videos and games that are located on the hard drive. With wiping and rebuilding the whole thing.

Unfortunately I don't have my old backups, software, or eeprom that was about two computers ago. From reading it seems like I should use the hotswap method and replace the C: and E: drive with MSdash, but what would be the next step? Or am I going down the completely wrong road. What should I use to reinstall dashboards, xbmc, and all that. By looking around I see that there's tons of new packages and tools and I'm not sure what's the best to use in my situation. Thanks in advance for you time and help!
Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 10:16:03 PM »

I would say...

You first should get all the system files (like the nDure files) and the dash, then re-structure the drive so that all your media is on one part and your dash and things are all there. I don't know if it'll work, but it's worth a shot. Maybe...

GamezR2EZ
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 10:03:48 AM »

using Xplorer you can view the hdd (after hotswap) on your PC and replace the dash, this will allow you to keep your save games!

what was your main dash, and do you know where it was located on the drive? ie C\dashboard or E:\dashboards ect

i would recommend this method becuase you wont have to wipe your drive, hopefully
rocketx13
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 02:06:10 PM »

I was able to hotswap, but xplorer threw a lot of errors at me and only gave me partition 0, partition 1 and partition 4. I think the partition table got screwed up? But I was able to extract my backup eeprom and hd locking codes before xplorer froze completely. So I guess I'll be rebuilding my xbox harddrive after all.

The dash I was using was UleashX, and it was on the c: I believe... Also, I need a stock copy of MSdash if I have to rebuild the drive. In the file section when I download MSdash all I get is the C: drive. Is there no need for an e:?

Also, in partition 0 there is a group of files in a folder called HL2, which makes me suspicious that it's part of the problem since I was trying to boot up Half Life 2 when all these errors started to occur.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 02:41:56 PM by rocketx13 » Logged
realg123
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 06:38:06 PM »

E is just your game saves (not needed, unless you don't want to start your games all over again) download xboxhdm put the c in the c folder, and eeprom in the eeprom folder. Start up xboxhdm and rebuild c drive. After that install the softmod again
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2008, 06:51:19 PM »

lol yeah Part. 0 1 4 are normal on Xploerer

and like realg123 said use xboxhdm to rebuild the HDD
get the MSdash files from our files section to rebuild you C:
and as for E: just make the folders "UDATA" and "TDATA" or the xbox will just make them no biggie their

But if you can, install  
Krayzie Ndure
Krayzie_MA_Ndure_Installer_v1.1.rar (in our files section of xbox->exploits)
my friend much much better installer

and switch to a XBMC its better  Wink
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2008, 10:20:41 PM »

the errors xplorer threw where cuase it was built for the 360 lol
the partition table is fine

0,1,2 are the xbox cache
3,4 are C,E respectivly
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2008, 12:52:16 AM »

Random Post just so i can be in this Post  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2008, 12:08:35 PM »

w00t!!!

" I'm gonna rip your throat and s**t down your neck!" -- Duke Nukem
All in all, it was a good day. Especially considering I didn't even have to use my AK.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: