Softmod Depot
March 29, 2024, 06:40:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: USB EEPROM  (Read 6721 times)
realg123
« on: October 13, 2008, 05:45:55 PM »

I upgrade hard drives all the time for friends. Each time i upgrade hard drives I burn a new xboxhdm cd with their eeprom.
My question is could i put an eeprom in a usb thumbdrive and load the eeprom from the thumbdrive? If so how do I go about doing this?
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 07:18:00 PM »

no you cant, sorry that WOULD be easy wouldnt it?
but you can drop it onto a floppy disc

or you can boot linux from the thumbdrive and just replace the eeprom everytime

or you can get a CD-RW and either erase or use inCD to replace the eeprom everytime

the linux build that XboxHDM runs off of does not support usb, so there will be no way to use it, however if the PC allows booting from a USB device, you should be able to use that to just replace the eeprom
yea ive thought alot about this

EDIT: scratch the thing i said earlier about booting on a usb drive, i forgot but for some reason the disc HAS to be on an IDE channel, otherwise it cant access the hdd

you only options are a floppy or cdrw
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 07:20:03 PM by GamezR2EZ » Logged
realg123
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 07:41:12 PM »

thanks for the quick reply gamez
mod skwod
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008, 09:22:37 PM »

yeah ive been wishing on the usb deal for a while.too bad someone with linux programming skills(hint) cant make it possible to boot the distro to do the job.
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 01:12:42 PM »

i dont have their source files..... lol Tongue
i dont have the time or desire to mess with it, cuase i rarely use it anymore and i use a CDRW (same one i have had for years, scratched and ugly and still working, i dont even know the brand, it wore off)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: