Softmod Depot
April 19, 2024, 02:28:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hurricane IKE  (Read 6463 times)
Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« on: September 22, 2008, 11:17:57 AM »

I just got power back about 2 days ago. Lucky for me all that happened to my house was my fence fell over even though a tornado went right though my neighborhood right after the eye passed over. Was anyone else effected by IKE?

Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 11:48:00 AM »

I wasn't affected...

Sorry to hear that man. Your one lucky fool though!

Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 04:35:02 PM »

I was, i live in south Texas, but not too much damage. What did do a number was hurricane Dolly. That *female dog* took my power for 2 weeks.

" I'm gonna rip your throat and s**t down your neck!" -- Duke Nukem
All in all, it was a good day. Especially considering I didn't even have to use my AK.
Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 04:54:34 PM »

I was, i live in south Texas, but not too much damage. What did do a number was hurricane Dolly. That *female dog* took my power for 2 weeks.

Uhm, wow...

Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 09:38:49 PM »

I just got power back about 2 days ago. Lucky for me all that happened to my house was my fence fell over even though a tornado went right though my neighborhood right after the eye passed over. Was anyone else effected by IKE?

well its good to hear your ok man and thats all that matters Smiley

by the way, hows the recovery going up their on your side?
Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 10:02:50 PM »

The island businesses are toasted... they have to start again, but the mainland has gotten a lot better

" I'm gonna rip your throat and s**t down your neck!" -- Duke Nukem
All in all, it was a good day. Especially considering I didn't even have to use my AK.
Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2008, 01:49:10 AM »

by the way, hows the recovery going up their on your side?

It's good. there are still a few small patches around my area without power. everyone ones front yard in my neighborhood still looks horrible because heavy trash hasnt come by to pick everything up. I'm just glad that me nor anyone i know got hurt. however, over the weekend I went to a car meet, and there was a light still out on the road (one of the biggest roads in houston). a motorcyclest at around 11:30pm did not see the side road and went right through the intersection and at the same time there was a SUV coming from the side road. It was pretty bad, everyone thought the biker died but as he was on the stretcher going into the helicopter he gave a little thumbs up.

Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2008, 11:08:04 AM »

Thats cool dude glad to here you guys are recovering Smiley, sucks for the business and the biker though OUCH!!! Undecided
SMD
Administrator
Administrator
Jr. Modder

:\/: Proud Sweat Shop Owner :\/:

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2008, 01:38:50 PM »

Glad to hear you guys are alright. Seems like these things are getting worse / more frequent. A scary thought.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: