Softmod Depot
March 29, 2024, 08:53:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Clone  (Read 12010 times)
realg123
« on: September 15, 2008, 06:46:08 PM »

Is there a way that I could clone my xbox hard drive? Instead of tranfering folder by folder through xbox networking.
By the way I have a softmodded xbox
Any help would be great
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 08:54:19 PM »

that feature is available on xboxhd v1.9 Wink
realg123
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 10:16:41 PM »

thanks for the quick response, so the one i want to clone should be set on master, and the empty hard drive should be set on slave? and when its done being cloned i could put it into any xbox and lock it?
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 01:21:11 PM »

thanks for the quick response, so the one i want to clone should be set on master, and the empty hard drive should be set on slave? and when its done being cloned i could put it into any xbox and lock it?

theoretically, however i never was able to clone the F drive, everything else worked like a charm, but IF you get teh F drive cloned then you can lock it to any xbox

but youll need to update the virtual eeprom (as zzk calls it for his disc "The Fix") once on the new xbox to eliminate a few minor glitches
realg123
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 01:32:43 PM »

no:( cant i clone the drive using norton ghost? and why do i have to update the eeprom? i dont understand cant i use the eeprom of the xbox that im going to put it in?
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 02:54:46 PM »

yes, you cant use that xboxs epprom

But because you cloned the HDD, you just need to give it an updated eeprom

just use Krayzie Ndure Extras and update Cheesy
realg123
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 03:12:08 PM »

what about the F drive problem
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 04:32:08 PM »

the f drive problem is something i have experienced, go through the cloning steps and if the Cloning of the F drive takes more than an hour, youll have the same problem
i let mine sit for 5 hours and nothing

just give it a try if it takes to long, turn off the computer, it wont hurt the drives

and no you cant use ghost
realg123
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 09:16:44 PM »

snipes how would i lock it then? do i lock it first then update eeprom? I thought eeprom was based on motherboard not hard drive.
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2008, 10:38:48 PM »

snipes how would i lock it then? do i lock it first then update eeprom? I thought eeprom was based on motherboard not hard drive.

it is based on mother board but apart of it stays on the HDD as well

virtual eeprom is like "shadowc".. That means it helps your real eeprom from getting messed up with programs like avalaunch.. also you can save your settings in virtual eeprom.. without it HDTV settings/language settings may get lost..

so yes before cloning make a NEW backup of your eeprom, then when you get done cloning lock it, then update it with the new one simple Cheesy
realg123
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2008, 02:09:49 PM »

thanks snipes does that mean i have to update both of the eeproms for both xboxes? or just the cloned one? I also heard that the drive would be correpted later on anyway because I would have to format with with xboxpartionar regardless.
And also is there a way I could lock the hard drive by putting the eeprom on a usb drive?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 03:06:38 PM by realg123 » Logged
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2008, 06:22:41 PM »

thanks snipes does that mean i have to update both of the eeproms for both xboxes? or just the cloned one? I also heard that the drive would be correpted later on anyway because I would have to format with with xboxpartionar regardless.
And also is there a way I could lock the hard drive by putting the eeprom on a usb drive?

Just the cloned one, and idk about USB ive heard of it but never done it sorry
realg123
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2008, 05:40:44 PM »

thanks snipes and everyone else
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: