Softmod Depot
April 18, 2024, 03:42:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Setting Up a Website  (Read 3555 times)
GamezR2EZ
« on: August 28, 2008, 11:17:42 AM »

Alright so i finally bought a domain and set up a mail server on it. Now im wondering if anyone has some help for me on a certain matter.

I want to set it up so i can stream all my media of a harddrive (Mostly music, but some movies, i have 16mb internet as of yesterday so my upload is 180+kBps) and im not quite sure how to do that.

But before i get to that, i was wondering if\how i can set up a IRC web based client like SMD has here. I dont use IRC much but i want to be able to tell people they can go to my site so i cant send them some info. This way no one gives away email addresses Wink

Any help anyone can give me here would be great

i just want to get the page down and everything before i get someone to host it, which is still up in the air for me.

PS right now i have the streaming set up as a link to the file that launches VLC player (or windows what ever is defualt on that computer) and plays the files, but i want to stream it from the browser window, if i can, and the video i want in the browser as well
Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 08:39:58 PM »

Your just the life of SMDepot right now, aren't you?

Back on track. You could just upload your files to your host to stream. And I am kinda stupid, but just get some programs that will run a web-based chat client. Playlist.com is great for streaming music. Find things like that...

Sorry I could not have been more of help...

GamezR2EZ
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 08:53:42 PM »

Your just the life of SMDepot right now, aren't you?

Back on track. You could just upload your files to your host to stream. And I am kinda stupid, but just get some programs that will run a web-based chat client. Playlist.com is great for streaming music. Find things like that...

Sorry I could not have been more of help...

i am my host, its uploading from my house

i was looking for suggestions on a chat client, i like http://www.mibbit.com/ alot, so something like that, but of course you cant simply download that ans use it

also i want to stream music and video, so a site like {url=http://www.hulu.com/]Hulu[/url] appeals to me alot, but i dont know how to set it up by myself

and people, i suck at java to no end, mainly cuase im years outa practice and havent set up a site since late 90's, lots changed since then and im lost Tongue
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: