Softmod Depot
March 28, 2024, 02:50:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The dark side of Softmodding  (Read 5577 times)
TehTriggerman
« on: September 22, 2005, 02:34:04 PM »

My friend was so impressed by my XBOX he decided to soft mod his using my Slayers Disc and Mechassault exploit. Just as I had. Well..........Somewhere along the way something went wrong LOL. I think He deleted c: drive. Retail games work but there is no dash just a prompt for service. Ive read many forums topics similar to this So im assuming he wiped out something.

He said if I fix his XBOX I could just have it. Any suggestions to get EVOX back in running without doing the risky cable swapping procedure? Is it still ftp'able? I tried using the slayers disc and it wont read it now. I need the have a game recognize the save file exploit..or a new one directly from the card and not the drive since I cant see it.

BTW:

This friend isnt named Tehtriggerman LOL its Ryan. Wink
Boost
Softmod Elite
Administrator
Sr. Modder

yeah, we can do that

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 07:09:10 PM »

well if you didn't format E: you'll still have the exploit.
pop in MA and try to remod it
then you can add M$ dash again and what not

it's all fixable...somehow

BOOST

Sig Built by BOOST

kingyiff
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2005, 07:21:32 AM »

Yes boost that should work as your xbox reads game saves from the E: drive not the C: TehTriggerman. Pop in the game like boost said and run MA and tell set your IP address then FTP all the C: drive from your xbox TehTriggerman to Ryans then install all of the data from the save then the xbox should be as good as new! Tongue
w00t220
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2005, 04:03:42 PM »

softmodding has no darkside it can almost always be restored as long as u back up c and e (the darkside thing is all in ur head) lol
Boost
Softmod Elite
Administrator
Sr. Modder

yeah, we can do that

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2005, 10:18:07 PM »

TRU DAT

Sig Built by BOOST

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: