Softmod Depot
April 16, 2024, 11:42:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HDD swap or memory transfer between 2 Xboxs (1 broken)  (Read 5632 times)
CountDanger
« on: August 11, 2008, 12:09:48 PM »

My unmodded Xbox kept giving me the christmas lights thing the other day (where it will try to boot 3 times then flash red and green while nothing appears on the screen), but a friend sold me his working unmodded Xbox for $20.

I have a LOT of saved games and albums on my Christmas lights Xbox, and I was wondering if I could transfer it's hard drive into the recently purchased working Xbox? Is it worth trying to perform? What kind of conflicts might occur? I've taken it apart and everything inside looks fine.

I get the feeling it may not be as simple as it sounds. Is there an easier way to just transfer the data? What to do? Thanks

I've read about FTPing and connecting the HDD to my computer and such, and I'm willing to do whatever it may take to save my old HDD... but I NEED to emphasize that I am the pinnacle of noob in regards to all of the basics of FTPing and hacker loophole stuff and there is so much info out there tha I really wouldn't know where to start. So if someone could help me... maybe tell me and explain to me my different options in detail, I'd be more thankful than a donkey eating a waffle.
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 12:42:41 PM »

ok do you have an error code for the christmas light xbox?
you may be able to save both! and mod them for free while you are at it

however you will HAVE to open at least the red\green xbox

instead of swapping the hard drive you will need to just transfer 2 folders (pretty simple actually Wink)

but the main thing first off is getting the error code, it is located on the top left hand side of the screen after it shows microsofts green letter screen (telling you to repair it)
CountDanger
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 03:55:13 PM »

the screen remains blank throughout the entire process. I'm thinking of giving up Sad
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 05:31:33 PM »

gotta ask... did you check the av cable?
and dont worry you can recover the files, almost garnutee it

do you get audio?
CountDanger
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 09:37:45 PM »

yep, i've tried at least 3 different av cables on the unit ...all of which work on my other xbox.  no sound or graphics or anything. it seems like the power supply is working fine as well.
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 11:22:51 AM »

well here is what you would have to do: HOTSWAP
ufourtunatly youll find it hard since you havent done it before, BUT if you cant mess anything up (beyond how it already is)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: