Softmod Depot
April 24, 2024, 06:52:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with xdsl + installign Diablo 1 & 2  (Read 7255 times)
Lord_Hondros
Jr. Modder

Rock is dying, but will come back...

View Profile
« on: August 02, 2008, 07:56:18 PM »

Okay, I'm running XDSL, and would like to know how to get a few things running in it. For example, Diablo 1 and 2, any halo modding apps + the .net framework. I have enough space, but I just need to know how to install them. I've tried installing Diablo1 with Xwine, but it says that DirectX isn't there, so I tried installing the DirectX 7 or 8 that came with it, and it said it was already installed. I also tried the .net framework with Xwine, but after picking the installation directory, it just went away, and never installed. Please help!

Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 05:23:35 PM »

Diablo will not run very smooth tho...

" I'm gonna rip your throat and s**t down your neck!" -- Duke Nukem
All in all, it was a good day. Especially considering I didn't even have to use my AK.
Lord_Hondros
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 06:22:29 PM »

Okay, I'm not much worried about Diablo, I would like to be able to mod my halo 1 + 2 maps on my X-box without the need for my computer.

Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 07:00:32 PM »

not enough power, im sorry....

All in all, it was a good day. Especially considering I didn't even have to use my AK.
Lord_Hondros
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 08:26:34 AM »

Yeah it has enough. Do you know how basic Dothalo is? Have you tried installing them yourself? At any rate, is it possible toinstall cdrwin? Never mind, I'm close to figuring it out.

Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2008, 12:54:52 PM »

all i know is that entity takes up a lot of ram

Lord_Hondros
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2008, 08:00:43 AM »

okay, so how do you install the .net  framework? I think I'll just use serenity for patchs. And that's why I said dothalo, not entity. I'm not a halo modding noob, just a linux noob. Only been running it for about a week. Modding halo since... at least a year ago.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: