Softmod Depot
March 29, 2024, 05:26:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: wii  (Read 9133 times)
realg123
wii
« on: June 06, 2008, 06:32:43 PM »

Hello i finally got a wii. its modded with wiikey i believe. I have no clue on homebrew on wii, or hacking it or what not. My question is how would i download virtual console games for fee. any help would be apprieated
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 07:18:42 PM »

you cant download them like that
you need you use the GC emulators and run them like that
all wiikey is to backup games and stuff

EDIT: got it working
sweet, that wasn't so hard
im just waiting for the "backup games on external drive" hack lol
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 08:32:47 PM by GamezR2EZ » Logged
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 08:09:20 PM »

Not true.

you can just download them and install  long as you have a Wii Key  as with the Wad installer New version

And if you don't have a Modchip you can Use the twilight princess hack to Install them useing the WAD installer
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 08:15:39 PM »

Not true.

you can just download them and install  long as you have a Wii Key  as with the Wad installer New version

And if you don't have a Modchip you can Use the twilight princess hack to Install them useing the WAD installer

really?
i didnt know that

wow did some googling, youre right

i should really keep up with the wii stuff...
i dont really play games anymore so idk

anyway sorry Cheesy
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 08:31:09 PM »

I'm writing this ReadMe file because a lot of people ask questions about how to properly install WAD files off of their SD Cards. I will NOT tell you where to get WAD files, so DO NOT ASK!!! We all have our sources of getting them, just do some fucking research and you'll find them, OK?

You will need the following items before you can even start this process:

1) A Nintendo Wii (no s**t). Doesn't have to have a modchip installed! The installer works with NO CHIP!
2) A copy of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess for the Wii, NOT GAMECUBE!!!
3) An SD Memory Card. I'd suggest at least 512mb. I personally use a Kodak one and it's never failed me.
4) The Twilight Hack (current version 0.1v3a). This can be found here: http://chaoshq.de/~crediar/twilight-hack-v0.1-alpha3a.zip
5) An SD Card reader for your PC. External or internal, doesn't matter, as long as it works.
6) The WAD Installer (current version 2.1), which can be found here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=2330.

---Step 1: Preparation---

1) There are a few different versions of the Twilight Hack. They all do the same thing and work the same way, but they are DISC SPECIFIC. You will need to identify which disc you have. To do so, look at the back of the Twilight Princess disc and look around the edge of the center hole. You will see writing. The writing will say something along the lines of "RVL-RZDE-0A-0 USA". Make note of the second string and the last string (RZDx and USA/JPN). There are different releases of the game so make sure you know which is yours.

2) Once you have identified which disc is yours, download the Twilight Hack (link is up top). Inside of this archive, there will be 4 files. Using the key provided below, extract the appropriate file to wherever you want to put it (preferably not the SD card because the files will be changed a lot). Whichever disc number corresponds with the one you have, copy the file listed next to it.

RVL-RZDP-0A-0 JPN    rzdp0.bin
RVL-RZDJ-0A-0 JPN    rzdj0.bin
RVL-RZDE-0A-0 JPN    rzde0.bin
RVL-RZDE-0A-0 USA    rzde0.bin
RVL-RZDE-0A-2 USA    rzde2.bin

3) As a quick precaution, and just so you don't lose your hard work, backup your current Twilight Princess save, as it will be erased in the next set of steps. To do so, simply insert your SD Memory Card into your Wii via the front slot and turn on your Wii. Once at the home screen, go to the Options Menu > Data Management > Save Data > Wii, and copy the Twilight Princess save onto your SD Memory Card. Once it's finished copying, insert your card back into your computer and backup the data that it placed on your card in a safe place. Doing this also kinda skips the next step.

4) Once your file is backed up in a safe place, you're ready to put your Twilight Hack save onto your SD Memory Card. Make sure that the memory card is formatted to FAT16 (referenced simply as FAT in Windows, NOT FAT32). Sometimes Windows sucks at formatting, so I highly suggest using the official SD Memory Card formatter, provided by the SD group (http://www.sdcard.org/about/downloads/). Use that to format your card. For Apple OS X users, I'm afraid there's really no good way to format the card to FAT16 in OS X. Go on a friend's computer and do it there. Hack their Wii as payment. Open up the SD Card Formatter, select the Drive, and click Format. Leave the other settings alone.

5) Once formatted, you're ready to place the necessary files onto the card to use the Twilight Hack. By backing up your Twilight Princess save, folders should have been created on your card. The path should look like this "X:\private\wii\title\RZDx', X being your drive letter and x being the corresponding disc number. If you didn't back up your save for whatever reason, create a folder called "private" in the root directory of the card, then inside of the private folder, create another folder called "wii", then inside there create a folder called "RZDx", replacing the x with the propper letter for your disc, and then inside of there place the correct "rzdx0.bin" file from the Twilight Hack archive. Please note that this is all case sensitive stuff so make sure the path is "X:\private\wii\title\RZDx" and the file name is in all lowercase.

6) Once you copied the rzdx0.bin file into the \RZDx\ directory, rename it to "data.bin". Once this is done, the file's path should be "X:\private\wii\title\RZDx\data.bin". If not, change s**t around until it is! You are now reay to use the Twilight Hack

---Step 2: Making it work---

1) This is really just a step to make sure that you have the hack working correctly. It's best to take this whole process one step at a time to make sure everything is working right. This way, if something goes wrong, you know which step to go back to since it was working with the previous steps.

2) Insert your SD card into your Wii and turn it on. At the home screen, go to Wii Options > Data Management > Nintendo Wii. Delete your current Twilight Princess save (MAKE SURE YOU BACKED IT UP!!!). Once deleted, click the SD Card tab in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. Copy over the file called "Wiibrew Loader". Go back to the main screen, insert Twilight Princess, and start it.

3) Once you get to the file select screen, there should be one file aptly named "Twilight Hack". If it's not there, go back and make sure you followed Step 1 correctly. If it's there, load it up!

4) The game will load and there will be one person standing in front of you. Go up to him and talk to him. The game should overload and you'll get what looks like a DOS screen. This means the hack worked! If it didn't work, then go back and redo Step 1.

---Step 3: Installing WADs---

1) It's 4:30am and I couldn't think of a dirty title for this step so I'm going with that. Since the Twilight Hack is now on your system, you no longer need it on your SD Memory Card. I suggest formatting the card again for good measure, wiping it totally clean. Once this is done, you're ready to proceed with installing WAD files.

2) This is where it gets a little bit tricky. Download Waninkoko's WAD Installer from the link I provided in the beginning of the ReadMe. Extract the archive to a safe place. What you need to do now is rename "wad-installer.elf" to "boot.elf". You can leave the name of the "wad-installer.dol" alone.

3) Copy over the "boot.elf" and "wad-installer.dol" files to the ROOT DIRECTORY (X:\ , NOT X:\WAD INSTALLER or any crazy s**t like that, just straight up X:\ . If you STILL don't understand, then just open your SD card, don't go into any folders, and paste these two files right in there) of your SD Memory Card. With version 2.1, you can now install multiple WAD files at once. So, make a folder called "wad" (all lower-case) in teh ROOT DIRECTORY of your SD Card. So right now you should have 3, maybe 4 if you still have the Twilight Hack folder on there, things on your memory card. Those 3 being "boot.elf", "wad-installer.dol", and a folder called "Wad".

4) Place your WAD files into the "wad" folder. Don't make sub-folders in here, just throw the WAD files in. Don't worry about the names, those are really for your use only. The system doesn't care what they're called, they will appear properly once installed. I really only suggest using one WAD file this time around to make sure everything is working properly and to make sure you're doing it right. That's just my suggestion though.

5) Once your WAD files are in the "wad" folder, you're ready to install. Insert your SD Memory Card back into your Wii, turn the *female dog* on, and fire up Twilight Princess. Since you already copied the Twilight Hack save onto your Wii, you don't need to do it again. It's on there until you take it off. Once in-game, talk to the guy in front of you.

6) This should start the Twilight Hack, which should start the WAD Installer. You'll know that you're in the WAD installer because it literally says WAD Installer right on the screen. If you get some sort of error, it's probably because you have your directories wrong on your memory card. Go back and check to make sure everything is kosher.

7) Once presented with the WAD Installer screen, you are told to either press the Reset button on the Wii of the A button to begin the installation. Wiimote use has been disabled, so your best bet is to just press the Reset button on the system (it's below the Power button, for those of you who don't know). The WAD Installer will work it's magic and it will tell you to press Reset to restart the system. Sometimes this doesn't work. DO NOT PANIC!!! JUST TURN THE WII OFF VIA THE POWER BUTTON AND TURN IT BACK ON!!! You should now have your homebrew (or not-so-homebrew) installed on your Wii!

-------------------------------------------------------

I hope this ReadMe answered all of your questions!

-SweetNothing
realg123
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 08:46:08 PM »

can i skip the zelda part if i have a modchip?
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2008, 10:05:58 PM »

idk, i didnt look into it
i dont have a modchip lol

ill look tommorow
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2008, 02:41:24 PM »

realg123 
Yes,  if you got a Mod chip just skip the TW hack and Use the WAD installer to install.
realg123
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2008, 08:49:55 AM »

thanks zzk but i guess i still need the game?
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2008, 01:43:20 PM »

No you just make a CD for Modcips so you can boot the WAD installer

i don't know the full linfo But i do know that much =)
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2008, 06:43:17 PM »

so this is basically a softmod right?
completely reversable and no hardware is affected?

what else is coming.....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: