Softmod Depot
March 28, 2024, 04:58:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: xbox live alternative  (Read 18857 times)
Soratei
« on: June 03, 2008, 05:00:23 PM »

I was thinking about starting a few things with the xbox and my ideas probably are not new but never the less what if someone developed a dashboard/app that allowed online content and available game downloads kinda like the wii does but then again i'm one that can dream. It seems like a possible idea but then again i'm just throwing an idea out there.
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 07:40:12 PM »

i beileve they have an xbox live alternative for playing games....

its Xlink Kai
although i could be wrong...
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 07:46:15 PM »

i don't think thats what he means 

i think he's saying like a Dash/app where is connects to a server and Downloads games fro you to Play  Like say Setup a App that connects to Servers that downloads like a SNES game then  you can play it etc etc 

Only thing wrong with that Is you have to have a really Good server set up and Well... it's Not really legal.
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 07:55:48 PM »

ohh ok i see what you mean
well they do have internet browsers right?
if you can download from those, then thats almost as good

i know you can do it from linux, i DID it lol

and if you really want some games, i cant recommend where to look for you
you will have to hunt down those frozenroms yourself
Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 08:21:24 PM »

if your talking about games, i dont think people will do that because it is illegal. if you are talking about game content, there mimesis.

n33no
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 09:51:35 PM »

mimmesis is cool but you can only get homebrew content. not the actual xbox live stuff. if im not mistaken.
Soratei
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 09:53:05 PM »

My idea isn't fully thought out yet but i was leaning tword xbox live games that have been discontinued and tword multiplayer emulators mabie a few specialty packages  with a little bit of time i will eventually have a working demo to explain a few things
n33no
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2008, 10:37:52 PM »

good luck  Grin
Lord_Hondros
Jr. Modder

Rock is dying, but will come back...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2008, 07:55:10 PM »

I'm trying to create an xbox app that will look up a web-address, that I own, with a crap-load of working roms on it. What it's supposed to do, is to be able search my database for a certain rom, then play it. Sort of like specifing a different rom path. Only, it's over the internet. So far, it's not working yet. But, when I get a working app, I'll post a beta!

Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2008, 09:18:00 PM »

lol wat kinda of r0m(s) though? ex $NE$, Atari, Game B0y
plus you have to have a very good host to be sending all that data if your going to publicly release it lol

But over all sounds like a badass idea
Lord_Hondros
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2008, 06:25:33 PM »

Uh, mostly snes, nes, n64, and neogenesis roms. They don't take up much space and bandwith. But, if demands for other old-school systems are a lot, I'll incorporate them. Maybe. But, seeing as I won't be able to create it for the 360, I doubt there'll be many people using it anyways. I've bought my own dedicated server for it all. Lots of bandwith/space.
By the way, nice sig Snipes

Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2008, 11:58:59 AM »

thats sound cool Hondros, let me know if you ever get that off the ground, i'd be glad to be beta tester Cheesy

ps thanks i think the sigs ok Wink
Lord_Hondros
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2008, 06:50:26 PM »

Dude, I'd be glad to have you as a beta tester. I'm just haing a lot of problems with it, I think I'm gonna scrap the stand-alone version, and just create a plug-in for xbmc + major skins for it. You know, MC360, containment, PMIII, and xTV. I personaly use Containment. It's my fav, since all my large HDD's failed and I only have a standard 10 GB. That sucks, but for somehow, I've managed to install a game on the cache drive X , and it hasn't re-foratted it. Sweetness.

Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2008, 08:17:37 PM »

WTF an xbox game or an emulator game cause the XYZ drives only have like 800MB lol

Im all about xTV or Basics-Vision thoughts kick ass
Lord_Hondros
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2008, 08:23:46 AM »

xbox-game. It was morrowind. Doesn't take up a lot.
I'll have to make a special version of it on xTV for you  Tongue
If I can, I'm hoping to upload PSX roms too, but I still can't get them to work.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: