Softmod Depot
March 28, 2024, 06:16:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: not your average HDD question  (Read 4361 times)
smrich
« on: May 20, 2008, 05:31:59 PM »

well it might be, but i wanted to draw a little more attn.

I had a modded xbox that for one reason or the other stopped working, the bios are fried from some static or something idk. anyway when it turns on nothing happens it doesnt even err 21. If it is the motherboard can i swap it out into another xbox? Say i do try that, will removal of the first hard drive mess that one up if the swap doesnt work?
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 05:59:00 PM »

things you must know....

hdd is locked by eeprom that is specific to each motherboard
if you have both the old motherboard eeprom and new mobo eeprom, you can switch the motherboard and keep the same hdd

if youplan on using youre same modchip you had in the old xbox, then it doesnt really matter, modded xboxs can read an unlocked drive
rattmansam
Talented Modder

If I got it, I mod it!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 09:39:56 PM »

ok if you really want that original xbox hdd get a pro (if you can find one and it is very expensive) to remove the eeprom chip on one board to the other or unlock the hdd if you got the code or your outta luck

I like tacos.

GamezR2EZ
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 02:53:22 PM »

you dont need to get someone to remove it, thats pointless
you can just read the chip and thats all you have to do
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: