Softmod Depot
April 23, 2024, 02:06:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: game squishing.  (Read 3223 times)
mod skwod
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« on: May 19, 2008, 04:53:06 PM »

so i have an external drive ive been saving various xbox games to transfer to my box when i get the notion.i was wondering if it would hurt to rar the games for storage since it does trim a bit off the file size and just unrar them when im ready to transfer them,or copy the rar files to a dvd for safe keeping to later open and transfer.
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 06:09:48 PM »

it wont hurt
however burning them to disc *might* affect a big file
i only say this becuase it has happend before
the bigger the file and the longer it takes to transfer (ie burn to disc copy to usb device) the more chance of curroption

use the sfv feature of winrar, it checks a file to see if it has the same contents coming out as going in

if you dont have that feature, then rar and you shouldnt have any trouble at all, but there is that small chance something could go wrong

if it were me i would rar just so you know, gotta save that space Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: