Softmod Depot
April 16, 2024, 12:58:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dang it! I broke my PSP...  (Read 6376 times)
skip2mylou
Sr. Modder

no wall is safe...

View Profile
« on: May 10, 2008, 08:41:56 PM »

im an idiot. i got pissed off at my oh-so-entertaining Ratchet and Clank game and slapped the thing on my knee and behold a broken screen. so yeah im going to have to get a new screen which is going to cost me a butt load. but in the mean time i still want to be able to play the game. i remember seeing an A/V cable listed on eBay, it hooks up to the earphone port and hooks up to the TV so that you can play the PSP using the TV as a monitor. the problem is that it only works with the PSP slim. so while crying over my what i though was an eternal loss, i googled questions about how to play the PSP on a TV when i ran across an article which talked about playing the PSP using a PC. apparently it uses the USB link and picks up the video signal and displays it on the monitor. i read about it HERE. my question is... is there any way i can use another display to play my PSP since my PSP screen is broken? thanks.

Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 11:41:59 PM »

the only thing i can think of is the psptotv thing that replaces the back panel and adds a video out, but you mine as well save up for a screen then spend money on that.

Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 01:25:22 AM »

OK

there is a program Called  remotejoy  BUT it only works about 30% of the time =( So if your Lucky you can try that.

Or if you got a PSP Slim then you can Just get a Cord that connects to the PSP to TV
skip2mylou
Sr. Modder

no wall is safe...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 02:58:16 PM »

thanks for the tip. remotejoy is just not working. it doesnt help that i cant see anything so im blindly configuring and pressing buttons. could i just get the A/V cord? i mean sure it says that it only works for the PSP slim, but i mean, what would be the reason why it wouldn't work for the regular PSP.

Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 03:03:17 PM »

the PSP FAT does not Have a Video Out  (thus Why it does not work)

you can get a video Out for the FAT but can be hard to install.
skip2mylou
Sr. Modder

no wall is safe...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2008, 03:43:44 PM »

ah. that truly does suck.

GamezR2EZ
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2008, 05:04:52 PM »

if you are looking to get rid of the psp, ill take it
IF you pay for shipping
skip2mylou
Sr. Modder

no wall is safe...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2008, 05:16:54 PM »

i appreciate ur gracious offer Gamez, psh hehe. but as much as it pains me, i think im gonna keep it. im gonna order a screen and fix it. i guess it just has to be done...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: