Softmod Depot
March 29, 2024, 12:03:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Putting in a new HDD...  (Read 5940 times)
metroplex2k7
« on: April 19, 2008, 07:16:33 AM »

Ok, I'm going to be putting in a 300 GB HDD into my brothers xbox.I remember reading that if you do like more than 120 or 200 (something like that), you have to do something else when you make it. (add another partition?)  Anyways, I'll be using xboxhdm.  So is there something else I should do?
SatanX
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 08:04:23 AM »

Well yes and no. XBHDM will do most of the work and make your F partition. When you finish, you just have to format the G partition. You can either do this in UnleashX by pressing the white button on the G partition under the File Explorer, and click format, or you can follow the steps (link here: http://www.smdepot.net/forum/index.php?topic=176.0) and format it through EvoX

Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 01:26:01 PM »

Well yes and no. XBHDM will do most of the work and make your F partition. When you finish, you just have to format the G partition. You can either do this in UnleashX by pressing the white button on the G partition under the File Explorer, and click format

Very correct, but first he has to enable the G drive in the System->Settings->Storage and Enable Drive G Yes Grin
SatanX
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 03:43:12 PM »

Well eff, I knew I was skipping something.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: