Softmod Depot
April 19, 2024, 04:13:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: need help with a .bin model  (Read 7101 times)
GamezR2EZ
« on: April 16, 2008, 03:19:51 PM »

ok so after hours of googling i havent come up with squat

i have a PS1 game (megaman legends) that i extracted the model for the leg or something, however (like all the other models) its in a ".bin" format

i would like to view\edit the model, but i dont know the right program or programs to use

from what i know it is a pretty standard model, and if i found a program i could force an import into to see if come comes out clean or garbled idk

in any case, i would just like to view the model in ANY program, any help would be greatly appreciated

Note 1: i cant extract the .bin file, im guessing it is straight binary (from my limited knowledge of models)

Note 2: as far as i have read and know about PS1 games and models, it isn't scrambled\enc.\or anything else, so basically i just need a program that can open the model

hopefuly all you artsy model\graphics guys can help me out with this, im a newbie to it

thanx in advance Snipes101.... The good Dr. (Fweega)..... and Mr. "teacher stole my train".... any help you can give?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 03:22:42 PM by GamezR2EZ » Logged
Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 06:59:53 PM »

have you tried changeing it to change the file extension to .3ds or .max and tried to open it for the hell of it?

GamezR2EZ
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 08:00:22 PM »

yeah, it gives the same message "File format unsupported" when i change the ext. it says "File curropt and\or unsupported" or something to that effect

it just doesnt work in AutoCAD or 3dsMax

any other programs i can think of?
rattmansam
Talented Modder

If I got it, I mod it!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 09:30:25 PM »

3ds 9 full version i open pretty much any model with that or do you have that

I like tacos.

Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2008, 12:20:07 PM »

Have your tried PowerISO of MagicISO
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2008, 12:44:34 PM »

Have your tried PowerISO of MagicISO

yeah, the BIN isnt a file image
so the programs wont open it

i was using MilkShape which has an option to open PSX TMD models, which is the standard model format on the psx, but it says the file headers are invalid

in any case, i have yet to find anything that comes close to opening it, garbled or otherwise

MilkShape is the only one that gave me a message like it was trying to open it
rattmansam
Talented Modder

If I got it, I mod it!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2008, 07:46:36 PM »

milkshape has some plugins too do that go look for em

I like tacos.

GamezR2EZ
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2008, 08:03:38 PM »

have all the plugs for milkshape
and it turns out the header on the files is out of whack (being it is PSX) so instead of manually adjusting them, ill find another at it
Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2008, 01:26:38 AM »

What about autodesk inventor? or solidworks?

Kingofrandom78
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2008, 03:54:30 AM »

Its more than likely a custom type of file so that people wouldn't be taking them apart and using the images for other purposes.
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2008, 02:18:37 PM »

Its more than likely a custom type of file so that people wouldn't be taking them apart and using the images for other purposes.

right you are, and im still working on it
im disecting it over time...

the .bin file is actually a special container that has teh models inside... long story, anyway im still trying to get it worked out to view them easier
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: