Softmod Depot
March 29, 2024, 08:22:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newest XBMC build (as of a couple of weeks ago)  (Read 10931 times)
FallenGuardian
« on: April 12, 2008, 04:02:28 PM »

So I FINALLY got the balls to update the dashboard without a disc by ftping into the xbox! Yay for meh!

But seriously. I was using filezilla, anyone use that exclusively? It kept losing the connection while I was uploading the newest XBMC build(at the time, about 2 weeks ago) so needless to say, I was a bit scared.

Well it loaded up the default xbe, so I figured what the hell, lets restart the xbox and see what happens. It looked GREAT, it was awesome to finally be able to download and use new scripts ( I found a love for Jeff Dunham on Youtube XD)

Later that evening I decided I wanted to watch a flick I had on my PC hd, so went to videos. There was nothing listed and I had no way to add a source :S

Same on programs, pictures, everything. It was all dead.

Thoughts on this guys? Was a file or 50 missed in the upload that allows this? And if so, was it filezilla? I USED to use cuteftp, but then my AV software found what it thought was a trojan in the operating files of it, so I quit using it and went to filezilla.

Wow...that was a freaking novel, if you've made it this far, please advise.
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 04:43:37 PM »

Use FlashFXP i use it all the time, and i've never had a problem with it Grin
n33no
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 01:30:18 AM »

that sound strange. i use filezilla also an never had a problem. what build did u use? did u transfer over the userdata folder?
FallenGuardian
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 06:20:28 AM »

n33no, I TRIED to transfer everything in the directory, but some of it didn't go. I think it was a timeout that kept causing the disconnect....over 200 files weren't uploaded....and that more than I could be assed to hunt down and figure out what was missed XD.

I put a fresh install of an old XBMC from zzk's all in one back on it the next day.

And thanks Snipes, I'll give FlashFXP a try Cheesy
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 10:30:01 AM »

disable the screensaver, thats mosy likely the problem (im not joking, had the same thing happen)
rattmansam
Talented Modder

If I got it, I mod it!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 11:21:41 AM »

screensaver??!!!

I like tacos.

GamezR2EZ
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 11:41:01 AM »

screensaver??!!!

do you know what a screensaver is?
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2008, 11:41:31 AM »

And thanks Snipes, I'll give FlashFXP a try Cheesy

No problem
Tip:
Here's where you can get the latest XBMC builds
http://t3ch.yi.se/

disable the screensaver, thats mosy likely the problem (im not joking, had the same thing happen)

That is also true sometimes your screen saver on your computer can affect the FTP process. So nice one Gamez didn't think of that one
rattmansam
Talented Modder

If I got it, I mod it!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2008, 01:49:56 PM »

im just exclaming how suprised i am that a screensaver would do that

I like tacos.

InsaneTrout
Talented Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2008, 11:25:22 PM »

well i wouldn't say you would have to disable the screen saver but if your on windows just open up WMP and as long as its open it overrides the screensaver and keeps it from going to screensaver mode as long as WMP is open.

GamezR2EZ
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2008, 11:56:22 PM »

well i wouldn't say you would have to disable the screen saver but if your on windows just open up WMP and as long as its open it overrides the screensaver and keeps it from going to screensaver mode as long as WMP is open.

it overides it IF the media player is playing media
IF the option to keep the screensaver off is enabled.......

basically just turn off the screensaver  lol
ThaDraGun
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2008, 11:40:12 PM »

Using a wireless connection or wired to do the transfer?

I used wireless and AceFtp at first and kept getting disconnected for some reason. Once it messed up so bad because not all the files were transfered that the ftp wouldn't connect anymore. When I turned on the xbox it wouldn't load. It gave a screen saying I had to send my xbox to microsoft. I freaked out!
I restored the dashboard and reinstalled xbmc using the Install CD thats on here somewhere and it worked fine. Also I found that if I just put that install cd and just let it sit doing nothing it wouldn't disconnect as often when I was on AceFtp. If it disconnected and didn't transfer all the files it didnt matter, it would still reconnect.

Now I use a wired connection and have no problems with the connection at all. If you're using wireless I suggest setting up a wired connection if you can.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: