Softmod Depot
April 19, 2024, 12:11:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Flashing Benq Drive  (Read 4264 times)
Ender

View Profile
« on: April 10, 2008, 09:02:14 PM »

I'm attempting to flash my Benq drive using the iXtreme 1.41 firmware. I created an iPrep partition on my computers hard drive and I booted up the computer using the boot CD. I've followed all of the on screen instructions and I'm to the point where I need to use the dBen command on my drive. I typed in the command (with the correct serial number) and I told it to resend the MTK intro with the 360 turned off, however, when I go to turn on the 360 (for the first time) nothing happens.

My on screen status never changes like the tutorial says it should (it remains at 0x73) and on my 360 the center light in the ring is flashing green while the lower right corner of the ring is flashing red. Also, every now and then, I get an error on screen saying that the Benq.bin that it's trying to create in not 256 Kb.

I'm worried that I might have damaged my drive somehow, please help.
civiciz4me
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 03:43:10 PM »

check your cables and also if the status is not changin, that means the pc is not pickin up the drive,
you gone wrong sumwhere, u need to use a floppy drive with the FW on it
Splortched
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 01:38:21 AM »

Either try using a usb thumb drive or a floppy, make sure you have a compatible sata chipset for your drive, and make sure you have everything enabled/setup right in bios. Also, check to make sure your using the latest iprep. I had major pains trying to use a later version, but as soon as I used the new one it worked like a dream.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: