Softmod Depot
April 17, 2024, 09:21:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: EEPROM / error 21  (Read 4315 times)
Lord_Hondros
Jr. Modder

Rock is dying, but will come back...

View Profile
« on: April 09, 2008, 08:01:54 PM »

By the Way, this is a post I had over at somewhere else, but everyone stopped helping me.

Okay, well, as some of you know, I have a continuous error 21 with no disc in drive, can't access dashboard. So, I created an eeprom reader, from this site:http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/357863
All connections are good, SCL to pin 13, SDA to pin 14 on LPC pad. When I turn on the xbox, the LED flashes orange 3 times, stops, flashes 4 times, stops, then flashes a final 5 times and shuts back down. Any suggestions?
By the way, I can't solder the wires to the EEPROM, the pins are way too small, and I'm not that great at soldering.

Grounded to Metal shield, but that shouldn't even matter should it? Ok, I have updated info. I took out SDA [14] on LPC, and I still get the orange LEDs. I took out the SCL [13] and it worked ok. I plugged back in the SDA [14] without SCL [13] and again, it worked perfectly. So the problem is SCL [13] apparently?

Ok, it wouldn't let me edit. Some other problems. In PonyPROG, what does Bus busy or hardware error (-11) mean? Also, I think I might've short-circuited the SCL [14] wire in my reader, because it sparked when I booted up my xbox. That might explain why my XBox doesn't do anything different when SCL is plugged in. But, shouldn't that mean that the whole circuit would be short-circuited? I'm not that great with wiring yet, I'm only 14.

GamezR2EZ
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 08:20:29 PM »

ok well if i remeber your problem correctly, i think it was a bad DVD drive
and i told you if you could get it working, then use that method... i could be wrong but if i remeber correctly

and besides that, you sparked something in the xbox..... thats never good

and im not quite familiar with the eerpom reader, its been years since i made one (or mabye only one) but i thought you had to solder to the eeprom itself, otherwise it is useless

and if everyone stopped helping you it might be because no one knew what to do, so if you could restate the problem or give me a link to the original thread ill look back over it
Lord_Hondros
Jr. Modder

Rock is dying, but will come back...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 06:46:11 AM »

It's not the DVD drive, I can still play games somehow. It just won't read back-ups. X-Box is still working, I only sparked the SCL cable, and through some strange luck, it didn't fry anything other than the cable. Luckily, it didn't fry the diode, because I had the wire soldered to another wire to make it longer. They [xbox-scene] banned my account, said I was spamming, and then locked the topic. I can't find it anymore. But, I think I should have it fixed when I get home, I'm at school right now.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: