Softmod Depot
April 18, 2024, 04:25:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Connect to Xbox Live without a wireless adapter  (Read 10266 times)
Boost
Softmod Elite
Administrator
Sr. Modder

yeah, we can do that

View Profile WWW
« on: March 23, 2008, 06:20:06 PM »

There are 2 ways to hook up your 360 without the $100 adapter

Direction 1 Typical PC
1.   Make sure your desktop computer or laptop has a wireless card installed.
   (If you do not have a wireless network card, you can pick one up for about $30 - $40)
   (You must also have a wireless router or access point to get signal for your wireless card.)
2   Once you have installed and setup your wireless network and have your computer connected to the internet, place it near your Xbox 360.
3   Plug one end of the Ethernet cable into your computer, and the other end into your Xbox 360.

Now to set it up in windows XP
1.   Go to the control panel
2.   Double click on network connections
3.   Right click the wireless connection Icon, and choose Properties
4.   select the advanced tab
5.   Select allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection, then click OK
6.   On the bottom of your screen, right click the Two PC’s icon in the task bar and the hit repair.
7.   TURN ON YOUR XBOX 360 AND CONNECT TO LIVE!

Direction 2 Advanced (PC)
1.   Before you start, make sure that ICS (internet connection sharing) is not running          on the PC. If it’s on, take it off and reboot the PC to       get a clean start.
2.      Make sure your desktop computer or laptop has a wireless card installed.
   (If you do not have a wireless network card, you can pick one up for about $30 - $40)
   (You must also have a wireless router or access point to get signal for your        wireless card.)
3.   Plug one end of the Ethernet cable into your computer, and the other end into your Xbox 360.
4.   Go to the control panel
5.   Double click on network connections
6.   Left click your mouse button to select your wireless network
7.   Hold down the CTRL key on your keyboard and Left Click the local area connection icon on the same screen.
8.   WARNING: if XP shows you the following message, the software you are installing for this hardware: Mac Bridge miniport has not passed windows logo       testing to verify it’s compatible with windows XP. (do not continue this method)
9.   Both connections are now highlighted, right click either one of the highlighted icons and select Bridge connections.
10.   After a few seconds, windows will re-arrange the icons and a new icon called Network Bridge will appear.
11.   Verify your internet connection on your computer still woks
   (If you cannot browse the internet, first try rebooting your PC.)

How to manually input your IP setting into your Xbox 360
   When you try to connect to the Xbox Live, you might need to enter some information from the PC manually on the dashboard
   To get this Info do this:

1.   On the PC go to Start and then RUN
2.   Type in CMD
3.   Type in the dos box IPCONFIG/ ALL
4.   Then enter the information manually into your Xbox 360 console on the right menu in the network settings
5.   In the dos box type in IPCONFIG/ RENEW
6.   Try to connect to Xbox live

BOOST

Sig Built by BOOST

Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 08:56:16 PM »

option 3 if you don't have a pc by your xbox is to get a 3rd party gaming adapter that can be picked for for about 40-100 depending on the type and brand you get.  I use both of those setups stated by boost, and they both work flawlessly. the only thing is if your doing the ICS one you might want to disable your anti virus and firewall software because they can spoof a bad NAT and make it hard for you to connect to people on live.

xino
Jr. Modder

I am blAck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 11:26:38 AM »

can somebody guide me correctly
cuz all these are really confusing:/

some people say you can connect through ICS, while others say I should disable  all ICS connections Angry

I am just getting pissed off with this NAT Strict as I can't connect to most rooms

ANywya here is my stuff:

BT Boardband is my ISP
BT HomeHuB is their package connection they have given me.
(I hate Networking)

BT HomeHuB is a router: ethernet port 1 is connected to another router called Linksys for Vonage and Ethernet port 2 is connected to the internet.
Vonage is a Linksys RT31P2, as 3 ethernet ports and 2 phone lines. I connect my Xbox 360 to the vonage which gives me NAT Strict. However if I directly connect my Xbox 360 to Hub, it comes up as NAT Open/

Xbox 360→Linksys RT31P2→HuB

I have 2 wireless connections, the fact is HuB comes with wireless enabled.
I use a USB stick for wireless connection, and I am sure there is a network card in the pc "XPC 802.11b/g Wireless Kit #3"

So can someone please guide me with Xbox 360 wireless connection:/ I don't wanna over do stuff cuz my dad will start blasting off at me:/

Thanks Tongue

www.youtube.com/xin0 222+ videos

Need to come up with a new Video Editing software, I am tired of Nero Vision 4:/

Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 05:55:28 PM »

the linksys was probably set to strict nat by default because it is a voip router. you can log into the router by plugging your pc into it and going to http://192.168.1.1 username should be admin or administrator or blank. password should be admin, 0000, adminitrator, password, or blank. i dont know which one is default for linksys. then the NAT setup should be in a advanced tab for networking. but the more routers you run through, the slower your connection can get, and the worse the settings can become. so just hooking up to that main hub and also using it for wifi would be your best bet.

GamezR2EZ
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 07:54:03 PM »

Linksys defualt
Username: (No Username)
Password: Admin
rattmansam
Talented Modder

If I got it, I mod it!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2008, 07:48:32 PM »

aa134f46f8bbbg0f0d86d07 totally random

I like tacos.

n00blet
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2008, 11:49:35 PM »

would this also work for the original xbox?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: