Softmod Depot
March 29, 2024, 07:49:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: the confusion strikes again!!!  (Read 7926 times)
BlackMetalRaven
« on: March 21, 2008, 03:10:37 PM »

ok so i am back(i posted here last year about switching my hdd).
now, I have bought a new xbox and i still have my old hd from the old softmodded xbox. now I must ask, is there any way i could unlock my old hd using the master pass set then hotswap it to my new xbox without softmodding the hd in the new box?

I want to know because i do not have the tools or the means to buy any games or action replay and my windows pc has a broken cd drive and i dont have the money to fix it right now.
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 03:34:07 PM »

yeah i guess theoretically you could
but its REALLY unsafe, and the eventuallity is you will probably screw up your xbox

you should just hotswap and softmod your new xbox HDD, thast the safest option
the best of 2 evils actually
rattmansam
Talented Modder

If I got it, I mod it!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 01:51:01 PM »

hey i hotswapped my hdd in unlocked and it works but im a geek

I like tacos.

Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 02:52:02 PM »

from what i read All your wantting to do is Place the OLD HDD in the New Xbox  witch is easy BUT the hard part is Getting the eeprom from the New Xbox

Now i have Made Hotswaping Easyer then Kicking Dirt BUT that does not mean there is No risk =)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=49PHQA2C

After you Install

""YOU MUST DO THE FIX""

http://www.smdepot.net/forum/index.php?topic=1376.0

Long as you Know how to Hotswap then just Use my C and E and your Done (Easy)  then Get your eeprom from the New Xbox.

then you can just unlock the OLD HDD then lock it with the New eeprom and BAM! place it in the New xbox and done =)
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 08:39:36 PM »

Now i have Made Hotswaping Easyer then Kicking Dirt BUT that does not mean there is No risk =)

true dat
i NEVER had a problem with it (and zzk i have still yet to ever watch ONE of your videos... i hear they are good Wink) but some have screwed up there xboxes this way, stupid as it may be we need warnings for illegal methods just like we need warnings on McDonalds cups saying "This is Hot", we live among morons
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2008, 05:02:20 PM »

Very true GamezR2EZ,   So sad.. but Yet So very True.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: