Softmod Depot
March 29, 2024, 04:09:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trying to install Emus...Help  (Read 6078 times)
metroplex2k7
« on: March 20, 2008, 05:41:35 PM »

Ok, I got Krazie's Ndure 1.1 on my Xbox.  I tried to install Surreal64 with Super Bowling.  I put the Surreal64 folder into the E:\Emulators folder then changed the .ini to E:\Emulators\Surreal64\Roms and put the roms in the Surreal 64 Rom folder.  Launched it.  Didnt know which emu to choose (1964) (PJ64) (UltraHLE).  I chose UltraHLE.  It went to a black screen.  Thats it.  Here's what I want to do...

I want to put the NES, SNES, N64, Genesis, PSX, Mame, NeoGeoCD, and Daphne emu's on it.
I'm gonna download the goodsets for each, and put the games I want on the HDD.  Do I put them in the rom folder of the emu (ie" E:\Emulators\NES\Roms)?

I just need a step by step, I'm not very mod-literate.

Oh, and for big games like PSX, Xbox, Daphne... Can I burn them to a DVD and play them off a DVD?

Please help, I have a softmodded xbox and dont know how to get anything on it!!!
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 09:33:50 PM »

1.Some times you would need to try all of them out and see with one wold work, like for Super Smash Bro 1964 is the best to use. So it would be trial and error kind'a of thing

2.Yes you  need to place all your games in their rom folder .ie F:/Emulators/NES/ROMS and most .ini are set to their rom folders, but yeah change them if you need to.

3.And yes you can burn you games on to a dvd and run them off their

metroplex2k7
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 09:48:53 PM »

So for your response to number 3, I can put a bunch of say, Mame games on a DVD-r, put it in the Xbox and then run the emu and have it read the games off the disk?  Does it save for say RPG's? Like Final Fantasy 4 for SNES?
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 11:13:09 AM »

well obviously it can't save to the disc itself
and i haven't tried a disc, but i would think if you have a game that you want to save you should have it on the HDD itself
however some emu's allow you to choose save locations, and some dont let you save at all, so you just have to go through the options
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2008, 02:11:32 PM »

So for your response to number 3, I can put a bunch of say, Mame games on a DVD-r, put it in the Xbox and then run the emu and have it read the games off the disk?  Does it save for say RPG's? Like Final Fantasy 4 for SNES?

Well most of my Emulators save to the E:/Saves folder if im right but yeah, i have mine their. But as for your, you would have to find out through the settings see. Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: