Softmod Depot
April 20, 2024, 02:40:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help, hotswap error 21  (Read 11007 times)
james9r9r
« on: March 20, 2008, 11:43:06 AM »

Ok my xbox gets error code 21 when trying to read a game... (Currpt Ms Dash).

I have watched the hotswap video many times and when i hotswap my compuet freezes abd will not load.

Whats wrong the drive not unlocking Huh

I pull the ide from the xbox hd at the wrong time ?

Thanks
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 11:58:29 AM by Snafupossum » Logged
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 12:21:50 PM »

if your computer freezes, it may have nothing to do with the drive itself

are you hitting Pause\Break?
are you doing that AT startup?
james9r9r
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 07:13:01 PM »

Yes I press pause break...

I tested this hotswap method on a good working xbox and my pc bios will recognize the xbox hd and load windows just fine.

I can see the xbox hd in Windows Device manager but when I open up Explorer 360 and click
Drive>Open>Harddrive Or Memory Card I get Error! "Could not find a FATX drive to open".

Huh ?

From what I have researched  I have found out quite alot of people are even having the error with xbox 360 harddrives.

I have tried everything I can

Thanks
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 07:15:36 PM by james9r9r » Logged
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 09:03:54 PM »

ok thats just you are not unlocking the HDD
contrary to what people say, each xbox (and version) unlock the drive at different times

try pulling the IDE before and after
1 the flubber
2 the M$ logo

for instance on mine, i waited until RIGHT when i saw the M$ logo and it only worked then
james9r9r
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2008, 11:09:29 AM »

Well  I was able to transfer a gamesave to the xbox and boot the UXE linux installer with MA.. without the gamesave currpted

Then it was in french and I f****d everything up "Deleted dash files" and then I deleted config.xml so it would be in engish then restarted the xbox and theres error 13.

Now when I go into MA to load the LInux the xbox keeps restarting so I did the emergency eject then pushed the disk back it to spin...

I have gained FTP to the xbox and went into the C:\ and deleted everything so all the folders on the xbox have nothing in them (C,E,etc nothing on them) well heres the problem when I go into C:\ and try to drag the clean ms dash over it fails no file will copy and if it says it copys some of the ms dash to the xbox's C:\ they don't appear in the folder C:\ what now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?

Thanks
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2008, 11:31:41 AM »

1how did you get the xbox to boot at all to any type of dash? and if you got it to boot WHY DID YOU MESS WITH IT?!?
2 how did you get FTP access to a non-modded xbox?
3 do you have your eeprom\is it saved to the xbox??
james9r9r
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2008, 01:38:51 PM »

Well it will load games sometimes but the xbox just doesn't seem right at all with the errors and cant copy game save so i want to fix it.

Yes I got it to boot to a sm

I have ftp access and I have now have the eeprom.bin on my pc ?

HuhHuh?
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2008, 03:28:31 PM »

just rebuild the HDD on the computer
james9r9r
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2008, 12:44:20 AM »

I have tried now that I have got the eeprom...

I boot xboxhdm then press 3. at the linux screen and then I type unlockhd -a then it pops up "Linux cd not found! Insert it and try again"

?

Thanks
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2008, 08:36:52 PM »

wow that sounds a little messed up
you have the basics right, make sure the xbox HDD is IDE0 master, and the CD is either slave or IDE1
james9r9r
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2008, 12:48:49 AM »

My xbox hd is on "Primary Master" and my CD-ROM is on a separate cable "Secondary Master".

?

Thanks
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2008, 10:40:42 AM »

ok so you had it set up right, you might want to try a different computer, also try rebuild teh XboxHDM disc
thats all i can think of right now
james9r9r
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2008, 01:48:00 PM »

I have tried 2 computers and nothing but when I used to mod about 2 years ago I upgraded my softmodded xbox with the Xboxhdm on an (OLD COMPUTER) Compaq Presario maybe both computers just arent compatible ?

Thanks I was also thinking maybe the xbox hd is just internally messed up parts broke ?

I have had success hotswapping a good working xbox with one of these 2 computers and the Bios detected it

and booted to windows and Explorer 360 opened it But I do have the eeprom so that means I should be able to make a hd ?

GamezR2EZ
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2008, 04:20:57 PM »

yes you should be able to make another HDD, did you try making another disc?
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2008, 05:06:09 PM »

GamezR2EZ

I spent HOURS on top of HOURS on AIM trying to help this Guy but  idk if he just does not get it, Or just does Not want to get it.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: