Softmod Depot
March 28, 2024, 11:33:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What a Softmod IS  (Read 30092 times)
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« on: August 02, 2005, 09:21:22 PM »

Ok i'll try in the Best way i Know how to explain what a Softmod is

A softmod is a SoftWare where you install it on to the Xbox HDD and then use a Bios Loader to run the Software Insted of the Xbox's OS With Softmoding you well never need to Open your Xbox (Unless you want a bigger HDD)
and with useing a softmod it's close to 100% idiot proof Just as loog as you Back up C: , E: and the eeprom

C: = your MS dash or (aka) Xbox OS
E: = your Save games
eeprom = Key (well need to Unlock and lock HDD)

things you should Know:

Softmod And a Exploit are the Same thing just dif Name
Now alot Of hard core Modders that Use Modchips will keep saying a Softmod or Exploit is BAD
Thats not even close to the Truth lets compare the Two

Softmods: close to 100% idiot proof Just as loog as you Back up C: , E: and the eeprom

Modchip : One Wrong slip Of a Very Hot soldering Iron And Bye Bye Xbox

Softmod: Even if you did not Backup your C: you can stell get your Xbox Back  (Wow)

Modchip: have to open Xbox then install a chip that May not even work cuz you installed it wrong

Softmod: Takes 10-15mins to install With Krayzie Ndure v1.1 installer

Modchip: Have to go looking for Right Bios to flash

OK i am not going to keep on  Putting  down Modchips Cuz thats not right

Modchips: Easy to install bigger HDD

Softmod: Can Now Boot to Live Safe Dash (aka) Daul boot Live

Modchips: Can be Truned On or Off for Xbox Live  But some chips are getting Bannd

I can go all day with the Ups and Downs with Softmoding And Modchips But it's just a War that No side can win

I hope this has Helped in anyway (update) if need be

Or add Any Info that May help in explaining a Softmod  Plez no Post about Softmods suck or Even Modchips they are Both Very Good tools in the Moding world  remember Most ppl who made Modchips Made Softmods =)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 09:34:39 AM by zzk2001 » Logged
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2005, 02:26:55 AM »

Man no Replys..... i Must be doing very good or Very Wrong here =)

ANyway if i missed ANYTHING. PLez add,  trying to give ppl the Most Info I can in what a softmod is so they can understand what it is and how it works =)
EvilTediz
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2005, 07:44:12 PM »

Ok I am a complete idiot. I have AR and a router w/ cables running into my xbox and comp back into the router. I have xbox live. I have no idea how to mod. Please guide me through step by step.
w00t220
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2005, 07:46:37 PM »

please come into the chatroom and ask we can help u easier there
FlareT
Jr. Modder

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2006, 12:19:39 AM »

ARE WE STILL TRYING TO ANSWER THIS AGE OLD QUESTION!!!.....

my advice to people new to modding xboxs , JUST DO IT! It will be the best thing that has ever happened to you or your xbox.. especialy when you get xbmc running on that bad boy Smiley

it is a very simple thing to do (softmod) and the risk of messing up your bOx is very low, i mean you have to try really really hard to sKrew up a softmod (and for those of you whom have skrewed a box up.....
SHAME ON YOU!)

*NO WORRIES... THERES ENOUGH LOVE AROUND THIS PLACE TO GET ANY XBOX RUNNING SOFTLY Smiley*

IF YOU MOD IT...THEY WILL COME!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: