Softmod Depot
March 28, 2024, 02:56:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: audio drivers.  (Read 7229 times)
Killakia
« on: January 11, 2008, 04:57:03 PM »

Hey, I got a computer for free and I'm having a problem finding the correct driver for the audio. Its a HP Pavilion 512c. I don't know what else to do. I searched as much as I can and running into a wall. The sound connected to the MB is not working. It has another port however the wire runs from that port to the MB. It says on the wire  "audio (turbo)   5185-4087   Rev A

Any help would be great.

Oh yea running windows xp Pro.

Thanks
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 05:44:31 PM »

site here has all the drivers for that system
it its not there im thinking it might be an addon card someone put in, not to make you sound stupid but i have to ask
is the sound port ON THE MOTHERBARD? or is it a card?
Killakia
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 05:48:42 PM »

No problem at all. both connect direct to mother board. The extra on is just another wire hooking to the mother board. no slots are used.
Killakia
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 11:04:34 AM »

yea just what I thought. Everything I have tried just is not working. That site you gave had nothing for sound that I saw. Thanks for the help thoug. I guess I just need to buy a sound card for the dang thing.
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 09:22:42 AM »

yeah sorry i looked, i couldnt find anything
you could try getting the Multimedia drivers and installing those, if there isnt a specific driver it would be in Multimedia, so yeah you could try those

sorry for the delayed response, for some reason this wasnt in the Unread Topics cat. for me so i didnt see it
Killakia
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2008, 05:38:16 AM »

I'll try that. The wierd thing is that when I hook the speakers up to the added port I get a very very "very" weak sound. Someone else sent me to another site and I tried loading it and it just keeps rebooting my computer.

But yea I'll try the multimedia driver.

Thanks
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2008, 08:05:00 AM »

ok might be a dumb question, but double click on you volume icon on the taskbar and make sure the "Wave" bar is turned all the way up, might not be the problem but mabye......

ohh and it could be your speakers
Killakia
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2008, 01:05:26 PM »

LOL yea I thought of that. The speakers are new and working on another computer. When I pull up the sound under control panel its all grayed out.
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2008, 02:39:45 PM »

ok
i feel like you may be intrested in these files........

download ac97ich4.zip under the "File Name" area
these drivers SHOULD work with your system, ive researched this and so well try them

if anything you can delete them later, but they should work, hope it does

Install Notes
Go to unrecognized flag in device manager, select update driver, point to directory where you unzipped files. Worked on mine...
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 02:41:32 PM by GamezR2EZ » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: